Please Help with advise

VTelkchaser

Just found out that we may be moving from Salt Lake to Phoenix. Of course one of my biggest concerns is what will my son and I have for hunting opportunities? I have been living in Utah since 2000 and have things pretty well figured out here. Utah is far from perfect on the way they run there hunts but after 13 years I have become used to the ways. Will I have the same or better chances at elk and deer in AZ as I do here? What about other species that we don't have here?

Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Over the counter archery deer tags in almost the entire state. We have elk hunts that are tough to draw and a few that you can draw almost every year. No spike hunts, just bull or antlerless. Only 20% of the tags go in the preference point draw and 80% go into a random draw. You are issued a random number for every point you have and the lowest number is used in the draw. If you are just starting to apply in AZ, you will not live long enough to draw a tag in the preference pass. You can apply for every species anytime you want. We have javelina and a subspecies of white tailed deer, Coues deer, that would be something you don't have in UT.

Hunting opportunity is great in Arizona. Plenty of tags for elk and deer. Too many actually but if you just want to hunt something you can pretty much draw every year. If you're a trophy hunter you can get a great elk tag every 10-15 years. Of course you can always get lucky and draw before then. Lots of coues deer tags leftover after the draw if you don't get drawn in the regular draw. Lots of javelina tags in the spring. Coyote and other varmints nearly year round. Archery deer every year. Possibilities are endless.

Arizona is has great hunting opportunities. I am a nonresident & I hunt Az every year! If I don't draw a elk or rifle deer tag I hunt archery deer, archery javelina. There are otc elk tags in some units these are tough hunts, but if you scout & put in the time you can be successful. My parents live in az so I hunt with my dad every year. Az is great state & I hope to move back someday!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom