Poacher

T

thebroker

I caught a poacher red handed last year shot a six point bull across the line at diamond mountain limited entry called dwr they did a great job came out right away after dark in the cold caught the poacher draging the bull behind the 4 weeler took his gun gave him the ticket went up to the kill sight gathered all the evidence, the paocher admited to shooting and killing the bull across the line, going across the line to drag it out ... interviewed me everything added up ...So I get a limited entry tag right WRong WRong WRong he plead guilt in court got a 450 dollar fine and his gun back a mear slap on the rist . they sent me 200 bucks ... so were is the problumn you all tell me and then Dwr and we wondeer why poaching is rampet because there are no stiff penalties or examples made So fellas you see a big bull acrosss the line shoot the sucker you get caught tell them you did it the most your out is 450 bucks get your gun back and everything else so is the risk worth the gain ..... it was for this guy so DWR is your offer of tags for real I dont think so

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-08 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]i can almost guarantee you he did not get the animal back unless he did in an auction but that is a whole nother post.and the dude should not be able to sleep at night knowing he is a CHUMP that had to cheat.so i think i will respect the laws and keep my self dignity and obide by them. therefore i am not going to take advice

no he lost the elk thats all got a slap on the rist 450 dollar fine ... got his gun back not to much for shooting a bull on the limited entry side

ilegal taking of wildlife yes my son posted it ..i was hoping i might get alot of hunters who felt the same way I do about it then i was going to make a call to action to DWR . at first i did not want to take on DWR but over the mos i decided you know nothing changes unless something changes its time for a call to action for DWR and the more voices the better lets get several hundred responces to this thread and let me print them go to the director and get some changes made for all the ethiical hunters out here

I am working with the DWR to catch a Diamond Mountain poacher. He has had his hunting privledges taken away and fined and yet he still takes animals every year illegally.
This might be the same guy, PM me his first name if you don't mind and I'll give the info on what's going on.

i dont recall his name i just gave up on it out of frustration .tell me about this guy , mine is in a large hunting camp run there 4 weelers up and down the main road hunt the boundry primarily i am sure he has done this same thing alot of times

Poachers should definitely have stiffer penalties and stricter enforcement. The risk has to be large enough, and the problem is that it unfortunately is not.

As far as the tag goes, rules are rules so you should be rewarded. I'm not sure how clearly it states the reward is, since I'm not from UT? However you should report poachers for stealing our game, your chance at future opportunity, and breaking the law, not to get a free tag. I personally don't like the idea of giving away tags for reporting poachers, but that's my personal opinion.

ya i did because he made a plee bargin pled guilty and admitted to evrything he got a lessor charge wich throws out the tag reward .... can you believe that for some justice

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom