Points Q"

manny53

Long Time Member
I drew a C zone tag as second choice, did I just blow my points and this hunt, used to be a second choice and no burn but I heard it changed?........thanx...

No......you only lose your points when you draw your FIRST choice.....even if your second choice was a premium draw tag.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

No Manny, you're good! I been hunting C every year for the last 5 years on my second choice, gaining a point every year. Not everybody that wanted drew a C on their second pick, it's getting iffy.

You going back up and see our "buddy" up on the hill? Hope you get a nice one!!

Joey

>No Manny, you're good! I been
>hunting C every year for
>the last 5 years on
>my second choice, gaining a
>point every year. Not everybody
>that wanted drew a C
>on their second pick, it's
>getting iffy.
>
>You going back up and see
>our "buddy" up on the
>hill? Hope you get a
>nice one!!
>
>Joey

yep, that's a major migration route from Oregon, last winter I bumped into him at the local store, got nose to nose with him and asked him what's his problem with me, he backed up and said, that I kept trespassing on his place leaving the gate open, so I asked did he ever see me do it, "nope" and of course it wasn't me but I think it's squelched now...

Manny said, "yep, that's a major migration route from Oregon..."

Good looking country for sure but i didn't know that Oregon had enough deer left to have a migration. I thought it was more like the few deer left there were running for their lives. j/k

I hope that all works out Manny but i wouldn't trust that guy farther than i can throw him!

Joey

>Manny said, "yep, that's a major
>migration route from Oregon..."
>
>Good looking country for sure but
>i didn't know that Oregon
>had enough deer left to
>have a migration. I thought
>it was more like the
>few deer left there were
>running for their lives. j/k
>
>
>I hope that all works out
>Manny but i wouldn't trust
>that guy farther than i
>can throw him!
>
>Joey

no there is not a lot of deer left in that region of Oregon the only bucks left are the ones smart enough to dodge Mt Lions and hunters and they are of the older class deer...

Manny helped me with a C-zone hunt a few years ago. Not a monster but with all things considered at the time, i was very happy to take this nice Blackie, possible cross, that he spotted way across a very deep and super steep canyon. Thanks Again Manny, it was fun!!

5197sage_hornbrook_4x4_side.jpg

1408sagehornbrook_4x4_front.jpg

Joey

Goatroper asks, "kilowatt you drew unit 7 as a 2nd choice?"

NO, with 5 points and 3rd choice.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Once your # is pulled, NV goes down all five choices and gives you the first available, if any, before looking at the next application. Losing your points on any any draw makes sense because all choices matter in the first go around.

In CA, they only look at an applicants first choice before moving on to the next applicant. Second choice is basically what's leftover after everyone's first choice is looked at. They don't take your points for a second choice because the second choice is likely just going to be a leftover tag, and is one with not enough demand to fill in the first sorting.

You're not talking about that crazy guy that lives in the place up near Anderson Grade right along I-5 are you ?? If so, that guy is NUTS ?? I worked on the cell site towers just above his place and had a few run ins with him, he's goofy ??

>Wish Nevada was like this and
>I would still have my
>points...
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

If Nevada was like that you wouldn't have drawn the tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom