Points?

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
Where are you guys sitting for points? I thought I had more then I did but I only have
2-goats
2-nels sheep

And thats it! I have a long wait ahead of me.....

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Elk-15
Nel sheep-13
goat-11
cal sheep-12
rocky Mtn sheep-11
cow elk-5 One of these days I'll draw something!!!!!

6 for desert and goat
3 for antelope
2 for california and rocky
none for deer, none for elk (I don't apply for the bull tags).

mickeyelk

Wow I think You win! You must be puting in for some pain in the butt tags!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

>4 NR deer
>11 NR elk
>
>Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Hey, you didnt by chance have a late 10 archery tag a few years ago did you? I met a fellow here in horse creek that was from Ukiah that had a vinyard. If that was you thanks for the wine , it was great. BTW we never got that buck we were after that morning.

Elko, unless you mean 231 first rifle or archery being hard to get, then thats what I put in for. As far as the sheep, just the easiest to draw so I can hunt one of them. I would love to hunt the goats. My luck is nonexistent. Hopefully this year! Good luck to all of you!

Well thats going to be a killer deer tag once you get it!

>>4 NR deer
>>11 NR elk
>>
>>Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!
>
>
>Hey, you didnt by chance have
>a late 10 archery tag
>a few years ago did
>you? I met a fellow
>here in horse creek that
>was from Ukiah that
>had a vinyard. If that
>was you thanks for the
>wine , it was great.
>BTW we never got that
>buck we were after that
>morning.

I guess people from Ukiah are just nice folks. No not me. I'm from Ukiah and do manage a couple of vineyards, and have handed out bottles of wine at a few hunting camps, but not me!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Deer- 2
Rocky- 13
Desert- 9
California- 12
Mt Goat- 12
Elk Depredation- 2
Turkey- 2
Antelope- Waiting Period

I hate having a couple of points built up for deer. I have a hard time not putting an easy to draw tag down for last choice instead of being patient....

"waiting period for deer". Humm

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-10 AT 00:09AM (MST)[p]>12 buff
>1 elk
>just got done with a waiting
>period for deer!

nevada has a buffalo herd??

deer 9
elk 10
desert 9
ca 9
rocky 5
goat 8
antelope waiting

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Sorry my bad. Thought this was open to everyone. I live in UT!
We have a waiting period for deer 3 years, elk 5 years, speedgoat 3 years.

StickFlinger

Go to www.huntnevada.com Click on My Return Card, Bonus Point, Eligibility and Application Information. And go from there.

https://www.huntnevada.com/huntsystem/(c1b5kbqmqsm1ep55ywsvfp55)/login.aspx

deer 0
elk 7
desert 7
ca 7
rocky 7
goat 7
antelope 1

What do u think will come first?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

Antelope. But you could draw an elk tag anytime. Not sure what area you have first. But I got my bull tag with 6. I know a guy that got his last year with none. So who knows! But I do know I'm going to get my goat tag with 3! ;-)

Antelope 0 waiting period (2015)
Deer 5
Goat 3
Rocky B/H 5
Nelson 6
CA B/H 6
Elk 6

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Played the point game the whole time I was a resident. Now my non-ressy points are:
Deer: 1
Antelope: 1
Nelson BH: 0 waiting until 2014
Elk: 18
Mtn Goat: 18
Cali BH: 18
Rocky BH: 15

Best of luck to all in 2011!!

WOW.

Wow!...Thats a ton of points and a chunk of change for the Residents and non-residents.But maybe someday..I'll pick up a smokin tag for NV.
Deer 7
Elk 7
Ant. 8
Sheep 7
Non-residents for me!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-11 AT 09:16PM (MST)[p]non-res.

deer-2
elk-6
pronghorn-5
nel-sheep-6
cal-sheep-6
rocky-5
goat-6

Hopefully the draw will be good to us this year.

nmbighorn

non-res

Deer - 4
Antelope - 7
Elk - 7
Mountain Goat - 0 waiting until 2021
Calif BH - 7
Nelson BH - 7
Rocky BH - 5

I have drawn 2 deer and 1 Mountain goat as a Non-Res since I started.

Navaluk

What did it take to get a goat tag?

It took 3 things to get my Mountain Goat tag:

1. Nevada's point system. The fairest to all applicants of the states that have point systems.

2. The drive to cut my present expenses in order to invest time and money now, with the hope of a future payoff.

3. 6 points.

Only 2 Non-Res tags last fall and I was lucky. I got to successfully hunt Mountain Goat and and Snowcock in the Ruby's. Just goes to show you that every once in awhile, life can be good.

Navaluk

Deer: 0
Antelope: 5
Elk: 0 can't put in until 2019
Desert: 0 can't put in until 2016
Mtn Goat: 9
Rocky: 9
Cali: 10

Navaluk, give us alittle more info on your hunt. Did you get a billy? how big? any pictures you could share with us? Thats the tag my wife really wants to draw.

Deer 5
Antelope 4
Elk 4
D Sheep 3
CA Sheep 2
Rocky 1

non res - gets expensive but what the hell, it's huntin!! well when I draw that is...

The Mtn Goats appear to have took a beating this last year from disease, so they may limit tags. Out of 8 days in the Ruby Mountains I saw maybe 35-40 Himalayan Snowcock. I shot one limit (2). That was great, in fact better than big game hunting since they are easier to get out, and they are way harder to get in range of, compared to say Elk, Mule deer, Antelope, Bear, Mountain Goat, Moose etc.

During the whole time I saw 3 Mountain Goats. One Nannie, one immature and a Billy. The Billy was miles away from the other 2. He measured 9 3/8 x 9 3/8 and at the end of September he was the 8th Mountain Goat checked in in Elko.

Navaluk

Can I ask what area it was? I saw a ton of goats this year. Plus it looked like there where alot of kids with them. Pics?

Unit 102 about in the middle. Don't know how to post pictures. I would definately hunt Snowcock again, they are a challenge.

Yep those snowcock are a pain to kill! And there is getting to be a ton of them up there! They are fun.

I think if you dont apply for two years then they go away.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

nv_hunter

Your right. I would have more Goat points if I had been on the ball :(

1 NR deer
8 NR nelson bighorn
8 NR elk
7 NR goat
8 NR CA bighorn
4 NR rocky bighorn
waiting period for Antelope

Jerad

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-11 AT 12:06PM (MST)[p]At the bottom of the NR list....

Mule Deer 1
Antelope 1
Bighorn 1
Elk 1
Mountain Goat 1

Deer-1 point
Antelope-0 tag 2009
elk-0 tag 2008
Desert Bighorn-12
Cali Bighorn-12
Rocky Bighorn-12
Mnt. Goat-12
Turkey-1

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-11 AT 08:31PM (MST)[p]
NR Antlered Mule Deer 10
NR Nelson Bighorn 9
NR Antlered Elk 10
NR Mountain Goat 8
NR California Bighorn 9

I'll be to old to hunt by the time I draw.

navaluk, Haven't been in the Rubys in 5 years but the last time I saw 34 in one bunch, nannies and baby goats.

3 huge bighorns too. I know thay had a die off but didn't know about the goats.

I've been applying in Nevada for a while, as a non-resident I have:
5 Rocky
5 Deer
8 Mtn. Goat
11 Calif Bighorn
11 Nelson Bighorn
12 Elk
13 Pronghorn

And my 23 year old son has:
5 Rocky
8 Mtn. Goat
9 Deer
9 Elk
9 Calif Bighorn
9 Nelson Bighorn
Antelope waiting period

One of these day, one or the other of us is going to draw a nice tag, or maybe a few nice tags. I'm kinda hoping for an antelope tag this year, though any sheep tag will always be very welcomed.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom