Pop up Trailer/ATV Conversion

Wiszard

Long Time Member
So, I'm thinking of converting my standard pop up trailer frame so that I can put a quad on the front of it. If I were to extend the framework, would I be required to change out the single axle or would the weight from the ATV be far enough forward that is wouldn't put that much weight on the axle? Have you heard of anyone making this conversion? Thanks.

Steve

Too many tags= unhappy wife

JUDAS Wisz!

They make & Sell Trailers like you're trying to Invent!

That Damn Wheeler Ain't gonna Hurt the back of your Truck!

I'll bet Ms Wisz is about to Boot you out for a while!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

do it like they do in the basin, (elkassassin) put a tow chain from the back of you trailer to your 4 wheeler lock the handle bars .go for it,,,,,(hint, don't use long chain)

I know they make em like that. We paid $2500 for our trailer when it was worth about $8K at the time. I can't replace the trailer with another one for what I have into it so I'll make some necessary changes so I don't have to take a loss on my fantastic buy. :) I want to leave the bed for storage.

I'm using a 1 1/4" ball, Eel. You think that'll handle the extra weight?

>I know they make em like
>that. We paid $2500 for
>our trailer when it was
>worth about $8K at the
>time. I can't replace the
>trailer with another one for
>what I have into it
>so I'll make some necessary
>changes so I don't have
>to take a loss on
>my fantastic buy. :) I
>want to leave the bed
>for storage.
>
>I'm using a 1 1/4" ball,
>Eel. You think that'll handle
>the extra weight?
>
>Too many tags= unhappy wife

1-1/4" Ball?

My.......................nevermind!

JUDAS!!!

Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Pardon me but was'nt someone just talking about bastardizing the tongue on his tent trailer so he could haul an ATV? Nevermind the rated tongue weight or the chicken chit axle on them things....sounds like something an Okie would do.....

JUDAS!! I don't know why I waste my time on this site. It's all nay-sayers and PISSCUTTER lovers here....

Wiz......you need to stick to real estate. "You're gettin' out of your depth"

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

I have to agree with Hardway on this one. Here in southern AZ. I have seen a few guys set it up that way. Turns out well if you got skills and take your time. YeeHaw! You also end up with a porch to play your banjo :)

I may break down and just buy one of these sumbich's! I'm not crazy about the slide out though as I'm not a big fan of electrical moving parts....

1546rockwood_282.jpg

Steve

I would think you need to have dual axels to support the added weight to keep from blowing out tires. If you add a second axel, you must be sure you get it in perfect alinement to the trailer frame or you will have tracking and tire problems.

RELH

JUDAS!

PRIEST!

Since You're gonna build your Own!

Start with this!

Then You won't have to worry about rather the Tires/Axles will hold the Load!

1249trailer.jpg

I found a used one in St George. Can anyone loan me $10K?

That looks like it would haul a tank, BESS!

The guy I talked to told me the slideouts are manual anyway so that makes me feel a little better about it.

if all your adding is the weight of a 4 wheeler and extending the tounge you shouldn't need to add anymore axles. check the capacity of your axles. ideally you would move your axle forward to take the weight off your ball.

RE: Pop up Trailer/ATV Conversionr

a 40 dollar chain and some balls, get some adventure in your life,. tent trailer. tells every body your are a city boy??(ill bet you got electric sleeping bags,??

A city boy? I reckon you don't know who you're talking to, stranger. Better be careful or I'll put down my Sasparillo and round up my posse to come gitcha.

Bad Bart

wis,just tease ing .does sasparillo mixe with jack and bud light??/

Why dont ya just build a rack for the roof of the tent trailer for all the chit you would put in the bed .......Then haul the quad in the pickup?

>Why dont ya just build a
>rack for the roof of
>the tent trailer for all
>the chit you would put
>in the bed .......Then haul
>the quad in the pickup?
>

He'd have to order/install some heavier Trusses!:D

Don't want the Damn Roof Cavin in!

Wiz
It isn't that hard to do we have done a couple.
You might have to go to a 5000 lb axle instead of that 3500 lb one and move it forward to balance the load and carry the weight.
Any class 3 or better hitch should work.
Let me if we can help ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Aye, Yae, Yae, boys. I've made up my mind. I'm buying a Rockwood TXR282. Found an '09 in St George for $10K and a 2012 in Mesa, AZ for $12K. Just gotta figure out which one is the best buy and which one will come down a bit as to make me feel like I got the better deal. :) Thanks for the creative ideas, though. Geeeeeez!

I did find an 2 ATV truck bed rack for $800 in Visalia. That would make it so much easier and cheaper.

Wiz, you are interesting to say the least. My rack is $500.50
& it is like new. I don't know how to send pics or tekt so don't
ask. I am just an old timer that likes to hunt bucks.This rack
is what you want/need just come get it & pay me when you get
IRS return next year.Just trying to help a buckhunter out.
It took me 20 min. to type this you best be feeln special.

BUCKHUNTER JIM

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

Geeees Wiz....You could just go on the Nickmanplan, you could probably get 150 nights out of 10k with no maintenance or extra DMV/Insurance fees.

Jim- I'm gonna need to see some pics. LOL

It may be worth the drive out your way to check out that rack. But if I do that, I'll need to beef up my rear suspension on the half ton. What are the dimensions of that rack? I'll need to see if the thing even fits. Didn't you say its made for a long bed?

Steve

Airbag kit is in your future. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Damn straight, Gator. I just talked to my neighbor about the bags he put on his truck. $500 installed. That will make things a lot easier. I may be calling Jim in Taft if he'll give me his number again...or if he can call me. You still have my number Jim?

Gator...is your name Jim as well?

You're a "Jim" in my book, Warren! LOL

661/619/7103 or try 1/800/OU812

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

I'll try the first number tomorrow, Jim. Thanks.

NVB- I've moved on to Amazon...much more secure. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom