poses

alwayzbhuntin

I looked at that sonoran mexico ad that has been popping up on here...some of the pics you see sticks holding up the heads, others look like live shots of the deer posing for the dang pic...do they edit it and "remove" the prop or what??? How is that done??

You mean like this? -TONY

448dd5661c7f2127.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-06 AT 03:04PM (MST)[p]

>I looked at that sonoran mexico
>ad that has been popping
>up on here...some of the
>pics you see sticks holding
>up the heads, others look
>like live shots of the
>deer posing for the dang
>pic...do they edit it and
>"remove" the prop or what???
>How is that done??

Its extremely easy. I use Photoshop CS2 for image work and it makes it extremely easy. Basically you just find the part you wish to "remove" and copy over it with other image data, in the case of the picture shown in this thread, you "rubber stamp" the grass over whatever stick or rock that was used to prop up the head.

I can photoshop out a stick or something on a picture in less than a minute and make it look good enough most people cant see where it was. Very easy stuff with the correct tools.

EDIT: look close at the picture above, you can see where they cloned the grass and stamped it in. They did an ok job but still on a "good" job you shouldnt be able to see any cut / paste artifacts. Also why did they fook up the side of its face with the blur tool? /boggle... amatures.

Thanks, That makes a lot of sense. The Sanora Mexico pics were starting to play with me, some of the deer look like they are still half alive....

Its a great technique. If people want to really do this correctly and the easier way, set up the camera on a tripod, take 2 pictures, one of the critter with head on stick, and at least 1 picture from the same position with the critter's head and stick out of the way. Then you have the actual picture part to past over the stick / support making it look flawless.

>Welcome, TC.
>
>Good to see a profissional finally
>show up here. -TONY

Well I'm good with photoshop and digital manipulation of images and whatnot, but others here are the experts with photographic picture taking skills. If I get time I'll make a picture guide on how to edit a photo and remove unwanted things like "sticks" holding up a head etc etc.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-06 AT 09:58AM (MST)[p]SA,

Here's another one done by "amatures" that isn't staring back at ya too bad. :) -TONY

448ee09106e88e7d.jpg

The first one is a bushbuck (South Africa). Rumor has they hurt, maim and kill more people in Africa than any other critter. They aren't even as big as a Texas whitetail, though. The second is a run of the mill impala. It had both a stick proping up the head from the side and a rock under the jaw. -TONY

I use Photoshop here

20yds.JPG

jamie1.JPG

CameraGuy

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow...that was fun!"

great posts fellas. That bow hunter by camera guy is funny! I like it. . .

FYI -

Hey Trophy Chaser, did you know that your website is down? I went there to look over some of your work, but the www said its down. . .

Take care,

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

My wife shot that buck that oct. about 1/2 mile away from our camp 26 5/8 4X4

gayle2.JPG

CameraGuy

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow...that was fun!"

>Hey Trophy Chaser, did you know
>that your website is down?
> I went there to
>look over some of your
>work, but the www said
>its down. . .
>
>Take care,

Wow didnt think anyone would know to look yet... its a brand new website and I'm trying hard to get it up soon. I hope it will be a fun casual place to share pictures and stories. I'll let you know soon when you can visit it, I'd love some feedback on it before it goes "live".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom