Potential State Record Bighorn

H

huntersparadise

I heard that a potential state record rocky mountain bighorn has been spotted and is roaming around the Nine Mile/Range Creek unit. Anybody heard anything similar?

The number 1 and 2 rams in Utah both came from the Ute reservation and score 195 4/8 and 193 4/8. They are nearly 10 inches bigger than any ram coming from all other units. A Utah ram bigger than either of those sounds a bit like a fairy tale to me. But I would love to see it! Your post has probably raised the blood pressure on a few lucky tag holders! ha.

And rumor has it a 70 in moose is on the Cache. Good luck finding either.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

I just saw a picture of the rumored ram. I can't say that it will break the state record but I do believe it will break 190", it is huge. I guess we will see.

Well.... We are all patiently waiting now for a picture.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Have any of you hunted Big Horn Sheep on this unit? My father in law drew a tag and we have been out spotting a few times. We have also talked to the Fish & Game officer over that area and picked his brain quite a bit. Were is the best place to camp? We were thinking Turtle Canyon and hunting down south from there? Also we were thinking 129 that follows the Price River up those canyons would be a great spot? If you have any info from past hunts to give us some options that would be awesome.

there are 3 sources to this likely rumor. 1 is the that there is a missing sunnyside ram from 2009 that was never taken. I have footage of it as an 8 year old and it was a beautiful full curl, heavy broomed, 8 year old then. Ad to that the missing Ram from from the Ute reservation that was transplanted along with 3 other rams that have been harvested and average 190. Some say that this ram was killed by lions and others say it swam the river. I say its dead and unlikely that it out lived its life expectancy either way. The third source of the rumor was some footage of a Colorado Rocky that was posted by mossback as a trailer to a Utah hunt and was speculated that it was a range creek ram....sorry seadog...that being said you need to remember rams like LC that had 17 inch bases and 37 inch length and scored 187 as a 7 year old, he would have scored 195 as an 11 year...additionally there are Montana Sun River genetics now in Range Creek..so anything is possible.

Grand Slam #911

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom