Predict that Dutton bull!

muleycraz.... the dutton is crowded enough with stickslingers n the likes of these other rif raf. now u? send me ur mailing address please so I can send u a mail bomb! lol

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

Stinky... all the Dutton bulls come over to the Beaver unit, just like the 440 bull killed on the Beaver last year, his sheds were found on the Dutton... I guess we just have better Beaver over here...lol.. And he was only a 6 1/2 year old bull when he was killed, his sheds from the year before went 415..... So when you get all that summer scouting pics let me know what you got so I can know what is going to show up over here so I know what I am going to kill this year....

I hope that I'm not being misunderstood, I have no doubt that there are some great Dutton bulls. But I think it is safe to say that anyone who has spent serious time over there knows that there are less big bulls. I know from having been on elk hunts with friends, relatives, myself in '07 and brother last year that I have, like many others gained a love hate relationship with the mountain. I agree with ya Pro about the "escapement options" and all the hell hole country that those bulls love to hang out in. But its been my experience that it is not what it used to be. In '07, I was lucky the last day of the hunt to kill a 350 bull having only seen two bulls better than him. My brother's hunt last year wasn't at all what he'd hoped for and came home feeling good about a 340 bull. For a week we kept seeing a dink five point bull with 20 cows!! However, hunts with 3 brother-in-laws and a sister-in-law in '02,03, and '05 were completly different hunts. They were passing up bulls nearly every day of their hunts. I wish everybody who has a tag the best, but if it was my tag 360 would be my goal. Anything bigger would be a bonus to me.

Stinky-sniper- Lets get back to the bet. My prediction is your bull kill will be 389........Lowcountry will be 27.................yards.

dang. now we got a whole new category. not only score but now the shot distance? Im gonna have to opt out of the distance part and stick to the score. I have a hunch my shot will be between 600 and 800 yards though, honestly!

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

Buddy got drawn for archery Dutton and I'll be helping. Understand you paid your dues in that unit for your trophy.
Any suggestions on wnere togo in that unit or what strategy to use? Experienced archery hunter but not for elk. Can hunt the entire season,I've shot three bulls rifle Colorado but s we know-archery rut changes everything.

thanks

Prohunter, have you looked at last years age tooth harvest reports for Dutton compared to 2 to 5 years ago? I am VERY curious about last year because there was night and day difference in bull quality compared to previous years? I would also be curious to know how many 7-8 year old bulls were harested last year compared to years past? It would be really interesting to compare these numbers! I am wondering if most guys were harvesting younger bulls or they were older bulls with poor antler growth?

I would be curious if you saw the same thing as me and several other guides that were seeing lots of bulls w/decent fronts and super poor backs and short beam length? On average, they also didn't seem near as massive as past years? Was this due to younger bulls? More tags....younger bulls..I think so! If last year is any indication of years to come hopefully Utah will wake up before it is to late.

You are right that there are lots of isolated areas for bulls to hang out on Dutton but also about 80% of that unit has been burned and you would think that those giant bulls would show up with cows sometime during the rut..or at least on the fringes of the cows? There is an incredible amount of country that can be viewed from high and nasty places..I only saw a fraction of the 360+ bulls of years past that were rutting. Those bulls were w/cows in years past but last year where were they? I only saw a fraction of top end bulls (360+) and for the most part the 300 to 320 bulls were herd bulls last year!

Stinky, stinky, stinky.... I TOLD you already. It's gonna be 73 yards. When are you going to start believing me??? I know it's a shame having all that power at your convenience but you ain't gonna need it on this one!!!

I wish you the best, but it seems that you are a little cocky. I do not think that it is all about numbers, but the experience. I hope you don't build up so much pressure to kill a giant that you ruin your hunt.

Tell us ALL something we didn't know....in spades. You have NO idea.....but keep watching and reading cause he just won't shut up!! Sometimes I don't think Baby Huey takes himself seriously.....
And for a fact, he's built up so much pressure already just from those Alsup's burritos he eats out there flow-testing wells that no-one wants to be around him when he de-gasses; it's a death zone for miles around and it sets off all the H2S alarms!!!!
LOL!!!

found my bull down there, i take back what i said about killing the 397 bull he will actually be 409 1/8

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-09 AT 01:30PM (MST)[p]Ok Stinky, You may remember me from a while ago. I had jumped off your band wagon with all that hype about the "great white hunter", but I am officially back on. My prediction is 381 gross. I like your strategy. All this talk about the Dutton, size of Bulls and what to expect has got to be putting a lot of pressure on Slammy and Pro. I know I would be feeling it if I were them. With the lack of posts coming out of PRO these days, I can only assume he is up there right now turning over rocks. I bet Slammy is on Google Earth as we speak, looking for the nastiest hell hole that no one would ever want to go into looking for elk. If the "Chubster" is really on the Dutton, just follow the trucks with the "spider bull" decals and maybe you can catch a glimpse of him at 1500 or so yards. that should be all it takes. September isn't that far off and I hope you smack a "dandy". Hopefully we will see and hear how it unfolded right here on MM and not have to wait for it to come out in some Magazine....

Wapitibob, I will absolutely take you to a 340 bull if you have a muzze tag, and if you can shoot my 50 and have a rifle tag we will get 360. If you got a bow tag forget it! I been around that way more than a few times with cookie and aint doin the bow thing for anyone else, just too danged frustrating.

As for chubby, sure he's nice, and sure I can smack him at 1500 yards but doyle has him pegged and I doubt he will make it to the dutton again this year. However, if he survives the bow season we will adjust accordingly. I'm not going to bank on him as a for sure thing but a bull that size sure deserves a shot. Just remember that doyle has the governor tag and his hunter would be insane to pass him. However there are several other 400's so at least we know the bulls are there. It's just a matter of finding them and hoping they stay on the dutton. However, for every 400 bull that is on the dutton right now and leaves, there could very well be another 400 take his spot from the boulder, beaver, or monroe.

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

OpeningDay,

That is funny stuff! I know slammy and utfireman have been scouting and turning over rocks relentlessly. They will turn something up for stinky if it is down there. It is tough scouting right now on Dutton. Tough to find anything in this heat.

Well, thought I would ask.
I've been shooting spots and bowhunting for 35 years and powder burning an Elk just doesn't float my boat. I like to look them in the eye when I kill'em.

Good luck on your hunt.

>Well, thought I would ask.
>I've been shooting spots and bowhunting
>for 35 years and powder
>burning an Elk just doesn't
>float my boat. I like
>to look them in the
>eye when I kill'em.
>
>Good luck on your hunt.

Don't worry bob, stinky will be looking into the eyes of his bull. He likes the way they roll back into their head when that 750gr .50 caliber A-max slams into their rib cage. Lol

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

"With the
>lack of posts coming out
>of PRO these days, I
>can only assume he is
>up there right now turning
>over rocks."

Turnin over rocks or Kickin Rocks?

--------------------------------------

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

Road apples NUNYA. Road apples!;-)

Dude we got a fuzzy white goat to kill! When you guiding her?;-)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-09 AT 08:45AM (MST)[p]Well with all that time that Slammy and I have been spending down on the rock pile, we were finally able to find one of those 400 bulls that everyone talks about. This bull had some length and mass, and is a fine specimen and diffently makes other's quiver when he enters.

I am afraid to post a pic since the canyon will be noticed right off the bat, but I am just so excited to share it with you that I am willing to take the chance with hot spotting.

pinecreek.jpg

"Looks like a pisscutter to me!!"

The horns or the dude?;-) Should be lots of those killed before stinky gets in town!

I think that bulls a slamdunk! ROFL. Doug, can u please have somebody put a boot up your uhum! whats up with the jacket anyways, I thought the sleeves fell off all your shirts and jackets the second you look at em? Somebody better store that pic cuz it's the last time you will ever see slammy wearin sleeves. lol

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-09 AT 05:21PM (MST)[p]After that fluffer drove by twice on that yellow 4wheeler, I was ready for anything that moved on that mtn.

But when he started GROWLING and howling I had to leave, and here I thought I was the one all excited down there.

A 400" Cactus bull????!!?? Looks like he left some of his ornaments on a barb wired fence.......ROFL!! Now I know why the lesser bulls tremble when he shows up!!

Better hurry if anyone else wants in on the bet. I will put a list together and post it in another thread so everyone knows where they stand

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

Stinky I just got off the phone with Jim the Elk Rancher. He said that your bull is eating well and looks like it will be a-lot bigger than the Spider Bull.

I think this bull is going to make a-lot more news than you think, so I hope you are ready. I named the bull already and I am calling it the "Arachnophobia Bull". Hope thats OK but I want credit whem the bull is killed with the name.

Jim just wants to know were to release it and how long of a leash you would like. LOL RUG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom