Preference point for first choice hunt?

erik1972

I already have one deer point and don't want to blow it on my archery deer tag this year, so I am going to apply for another preference point as my first choice hunt code and apply for my unit I want to hunt as my second choice. . History has shown that the unit I want to hunt this year doesn't require any preference points to draw. My question is: Those odds are for First Choice Hunt Codes I would assume? Technically, since I am using my first choice for a preference point then this unit I want hunt becomes a second choice correct? So the odds are going to be different for me right?

Thanks, Erik

You can only get a tag as a second choice if there are leftover tags after the primary drawing. So everyone who put that hunt as their first choice would have to draw before you have any chance.

So yes, the odds are for first choice applicants. However, even if it says 0 points required, that doesn't mean that there are leftover tags. You can find out if there are leftover tags on the Colorado DOW website/statistics sections.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Look up your unit directly on the Colorado site then you can see how many tags were taken by the first draw, second choice and leftover.

I should be good then for a second choice hunt. It looks like they drew all the way in to the fourth choice hunt last year. Seems like the only way I can hunt it and still save for points for muzzy later.

Erik

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom