Preference point loss

happytohunt

I recently learned that all of my preference points for elk and antelope had been taken awAy...I neglected to purchase them this year( medical situation that preoccupied me apparently) ...has this happened to anyone else..I am not whining or crying about it but I did have hopes to use those points...thanks hth

>
>That's a bummer, Elk assassin
>might have a chance at
>drawing a tag now.

Never mind I thought I was in the Utah forum.

>>That's a bummer, Elk assassin
>>might have a chance at
>>drawing a tag now.

> Never mind I thought
>I was in the Utah
>forum.

***That's okay Walt, as Utah is right next door, LOL! To the OP, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you and, yes, I've heard it has happened to others that forgot you lose them if you don't buy a PP or apply for the license for that animal for two consecutive years. How many PPs did you have built up?

Same thing happened to my buddy w/ his elk points a few years past...it sucks, but you got to set reminders on your calendar.

I thought you could skip one year without loosing your points. You should double check that. Merry Christmas.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-13 AT 01:41PM (MST)[p]>I thought you could skip one
>year without loosing your points.
>You should double check that.
>Merry Christmas.

***I'm assuming he's saying that missing this year caused him to miss two consecutive years. If he lost them, he obviously didn't buy them or apply for the licenses in 2012 either and that's why he lost them since it takes two consecutive years of inactivity to lose your PPs. I can see missing one year, but it would seem that if it happened two years in a row that unless a person is seriously ill for a lengthy period that they must not be real serious about playing the game.

If I was him and missed only one or two years I would call them and at least ask about it.
I know a guy that missed the point purchase deadline in 2011 and 2012 but made it happen in 2013 and he has 6 points now for elk and deer.

I understand that a medical situation can throw a guy off. But I think your screwed. Cause anybody that forgets can have an excuse and make up lies trying to get points back. But if a guy can prove that a serious medical issue came up maybe they could help out. I always write on my calendar, set a calendar reminder on my phone and a note on my desktop of the computer.

If you don't apply for points in a 2 year period you loose them right???????????

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-13 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]>I understand that a medical situation
>can throw a guy off.
>But I think your screwed.
>Cause anybody that forgets can
>have an excuse and make
>up lies trying to get
>points back. But if a
>guy can prove that a
>serious medical issue came up
>maybe they could help out.
>I always write on my
>calendar, set a calendar reminder
>on my phone and a
>note on my desktop of
> the computer.
>
>
>If you don't apply for points
>in a 2 year period
>you loose them right???????????

***You have to either buy a PP or apply for a license for each animal that you have PPs for at least every other year or you lose them. If the post above yours is correct, I'd like to know the "in" the guy has to get PPs restored if he missed the boat two years in a row. That is not fair to others who follow the rules and they are very specific on keeping your PPs. The only way that should happen would be if the G&F made a mistake and he was able to show he had paid for a PP or appled for a license at least every other year.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-13 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]Why is the law written this way? If you paid for the points you should be able to keep them forever.

>Why is the law written this
>way? If you paid
>for the points you should
>be able to keep them
>forever.

***I have no idea and I agree with you, but there are lots of laws and regulations on the books in this land of ours that don't make any sense!

>>Why is the law written this
>>way? If you paid
>>for the points you should
>>be able to keep them
>>forever.
>
>
>
>***I have no idea and I
>agree with you, but there
>are lots of laws and
>regulations on the books in
>this land of ours that
>don't make any sense!

My only guess is to knock people off the list and give the next guy a greater chance. other than that who knows

My wife lost her antelope points by not applying for two years ,but that was her decision. She only hunts on leftover tags.Still find lots of animals.
We do not play the pref point game.the last couple years I only get the type 6 tags.Try to keep the cost down and still hunt .

I agree that there are a lot of rules that don't make sinse but we all have to abide by them to keep things equal.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-13 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]>Thanks for responses.I will be
>contacting Game and Fish..Meanwhile I
>will not be"elk wallowing in
>self pity"

***So did you miss two years in a row? If you did, I know what their answer will be, but you can get it for yourself. They don't even want to refund a persons's license money unless he dies before the season opens! Please come back on the thread and let us know the whole poop after you talk with someone at G&F.

Finally talked to a feller at Game and Fish.They claim. I did not apply two years in a row.This was a surprise to me as I have been a dedicated preference. Point buyer.Tis a possibility I had a slip up due to a medical condition.This. Should exceed my whining quota.....?.not. To elk wallow in self pity....hth

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom