primers anyone??

schmalts

Damn, what will it take to find a large rifle primer in my neck of the woods?? They have evaporated from the face of the midwest. What about your neck of the woods?

I know a guy who has several thousand. But he won't sell you any. :)

---------------------------------------
Mike Sucks.

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

WELL schmalts!!!

WOULD IMPEACHMENT BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT???

LAST MID-SUMMER/FALL I POSTED SEVERAL TIMES SAYING YOU BOYS HAD BETTER GET YOUR AMMO/RE-LOADING SUPPLIES ROUNDED UP & I WASN'T BULLSSHITTIN YOU EITHER!!!

SOME LISTENED & SOME DIDN'T!!!

ONE LOCAL GUY HERE DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE OLE cat & HE'S STILL PISSED AT THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

YOU CAN THANK "RUS'S BOY" FOR THIS CRAP!!!

HOPE YOU FIND EM schmalts!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I am stocked up on most stuff, but I dont think I have enough primers to load everything I have in powder, brass and bullets.
Not rying to hoard them, but I do go through about 500 a year in large, and 1000 a year in small rifle primers just "plinkin"
I finally got a hold of 2 pounds of RL17 and figured I would get some primers as well but.... bare shelves everywhere.

Northern Utah a Bust..........

I thought while I was down a few days... I might try a little reloading... bigger chore than I thought... I knew the dreaded .380 Assault Pistol Ammo was non-existant but Large Rifle Primers ?

I tried Smith & Edwards... nothing.

Sportsmans Warehouse on Riverdale.... nothing... might as well close.

Impact Guns... I was prepared to get reamed as usual but nothing.

Walmarts... haha... Nothing but a few did have some RCBS master reloading kits at a decent price.

Kents Shooting supply... whoo hoo... they had some projectiles and some powder left but alas... no primers.

I've got a few more Walmarts to check out but that basically leaves me with the Salt Lake Crossroads gunshow April 18-19 and or Cabelas... I haven't checked Cabelas but its a two hour drive.

Destiny

RE: Northern Utah a Bust..........

How is your stock of fabric softner?

---------------------------------------
Mike Sucks.

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

anyone with a line on GM215M's ?? I will trade small rifle primers for some.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have over 10 thousand large pistol primers, and 5 thousand large rifle primers. Over 25 pounds of different powders for pistol and rifle reloading.
About 800 pounds of smelted wheel weight lead for casting pistol & rifle bullets and 6 casting moulds for different calibers, most being 6 bangers for production casting.
As for the pistol primers, my son and I both shoot IDPA matches and we go though 600-800 rounds a month. another reason I have over 6000 pistol cases and about 1000 rifle cases.
someone mentioned going to the gun show, around here primers have been almost non existant at the local gun shows except for small pistol primers. Forget large pistol and rifle primers, they just do not have them.
Ole Bobcat was not lying when he said for you guys to stock up. Give it about 6 months and hopefully it will get back to normal.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-09 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]215's are really tough. I only have 1000 of the standard 215 LRMs or I would share. RELH, Do you think it will be "normal" again? mtmuley

It will be normal again...

There was a primer scare about 8-10 years ago.....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-09 AT 06:14AM (MST)[p]I just bought 5000 primers(5 boxes)of CCI Large rifle but I am having a hard time locating the Federal Magnum primers.
I was able to order 1 box 1000 though. Stinks having to pay the hazmat charge so I try to order a bunch and get some powder too.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER

I checked every place in Reno and actually Scheels has had a pretty good selection of powder and pistol primers. Cabelas had a good selection of bullets but less than 15 lbs of powder total including black powder subsitutes. Sportman's?? Not even much brass. Lots of disappointed customers in every place lookin for what they didn't have.

I think the last scare was 92/93 when Clinton got elected. I'm in pretty good shape for huntin with bout 4 lbs each of IMR4350, IMR 4381, RL-19 and RL-22. Some powder for .223 and 22-250.

Great shape for shotgun.

Best variety of loaded ammo was Cabelas.

We'll see if anything is normal again in the next year or two.

Note to self: Next time a Democrat gets elected, buy as much as you can afford.

Gunnies in Orem UT had about 20 boxes when I got there, three guys in line and I got the last of them.

Im just getting into reloading. Are the GM210/215 really that much better than the regular 210/215??? Im loading mostly weatherby and i was told to use the GM.

Weatherby uses Norma Brass and Federal primers at there factory.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Not that it will help you but I went Carters Country here in Houston and they had plenty of CCI Large Riffle BR primers. I guess you just have to be at the right place and the right time.
Good Luck

Thats Rifle not Riffle. Need a spell check on here.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-09 AT 11:05AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-09 AT 11:04?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-09 AT 11:03?AM (MST)

Here you guys are trying to find reloading components and here I am trying to sell them. Ebay pulled my auction for components. I didn't know you could sell the press, but not the components. Weird!

I went into my garage to assess the situation and I have a few thousand primers (different brands), powder, brass, bullets, dies, press, press accessories, etc....

What's the best website out there that I could post this stuff to sell it on?

The largest Gun Internet Auction site is actually Gunbrokers.

http:wwww.gunbroker.com

Are the reloading components RCBS ? Trying to find .30 carbine RCBS dies and a #17 Shell holder.

Destiny

Red dog Im in the same boat as you. I need some 215's for my weatherbys and cant find any. Not sure what to use as a replacement either. Nothing really compares! What do you think?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-09 AT 03:23PM (MST)[p]I'm not in Utah, but I heard something interesting. I was at a local gun shop a couple weeks ago buying primers and at the time they still had 215M from CCI, Rem, and Win. They told me that they talked to their Federal rep and was told that Federal would not be producing primers for civilians at the direction of the military wanting them to focus on filling their orders.

If that is true that is a real bummer because that means a political decision was made because they didn't have any problem keeping the gov't and us stocked up during the peak of the Iraq war, so why now??? What are the motives here?????

Rackem

489f6a687e21e4e4.jpg

INTERVIEW WITH GOD
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

cahunter, I have a hard time feeding my RUM and weathrby's anything but 215's. but i read an article by John Barness (someone that i trust) and he said that CCI 250's burn just as hot. so i guess thats an alternative. i just wish i could find federal's, its what i've used for years.

MsDestiny, I have a set of RCBS .30 cal dies,no longer have a use for.Willing to swap or sell.

Jim

I horded a bunch of the Fed Match grade primers and other primers a while back. Look at the other brands and chrony them. In many cases the Fed primers wont be as consistant with velocity spreads

Justin Richins
R&K Hunting Company Inc.
www.thehuntingcompany.com

A little off subject but the lodge is looking awesome, Justin!!

Back on subject, I have plenty of Fed 210M but just cannot find any 215M primers for my .338 Win Mag!

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Yeah, the Federals must have inconsistent velocity spreads. That's why most people can't find any to save their a$$. If they are so inconsistent, why did you hoard them? I can get CCI's. Wanna trade? mtmuley

thats why i run federal's,in my testing they had the lowest spread of any primer i tested, when 90+ grains of powder need's ignited.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom