Pronghorn?

C

Chad

Just wondering if anyone would throw out some suggestions for Colorado Pronghorn....My Dad and I have enough points to draw a buck almost anywhere in the state. I have to admit I ain't the best hunter in the world, and know that there ain't 80" bucks behind every clump of sage anywhere. Just looking for a good hunt for my dad and I to go on, with a reasonable chance at a good buck. He is getting to the age where he can't make it too far from the road. Has anyone had any good hunts on any of the RFW ranches?

Thanks.
Chad

My wife and I hunted big gulch RFW 2 years ago and had a great time! We both had buck tags and the section they gave us to hunt was several thousand acre's we shared it with 5 people with doe tags.The first day we located a few nice bucks 14" to 15" and thick , spent the next two days looking for one to go 16" only saw one .The herd was on the edge of the property , we got busted and he moved to another ranch.It was great watching all the drama of the rutt going on , glassed 60 or 70 bucks. I ended up shooting the first buck I saw when we first came an the property 3 days earler he was only about 300 yards from where he was that first day! He was 14 3/4" good prongs and thick bases..It was great not having a bunch of other hunters messing with the game!! We would see the same heards in the same place every day. Take your time and look at lots of goats before you pull the trigger and take tire chains if it rains the roads are almost inpassable.. I won't do it again , for a few hundred dollars and no wait I can go to Wyoming and see more and larger bucks but if a person already has a lot of points it is a great way to spend them! good luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom