Quail

In SE New Mexico I've been seeing them starting to covey up. I probably saw 10-15 good size coveys in the last month or so. Not bad bud not as good as in years past.

I just call em as I see em!

Down south has been pretty bad for last few years... I have not been out and about to see the condition of the birds this year. We us to knock em dead major and have such a blast I look forward to another year out there.

I haven't seen many myself. Gambel's depend on good precip October - March for raising chicks to adulthood. Most areas were still deep in the drought during those months. Maybe montezuma (mearns) quail had a good year since they breed during the monsoon season.

Just revisiting this one again now that a bunch of you have been out looking for deer and other critters. How does the quail population look?

I saw one covey just North of Deming while driving home from a deer hunt. That's about it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom