question about finding an antler?

muleycrazy23

Ok me and my bro and his wife went out lookin for antlers today. She hasnt been horn huntin for a long time and me and my bro go all the time, anyways she starts hollerin and yellin at us and we think she found a lil one or somethin like that and we get over there and about crap our pants. She is holding a fresh 10 point 98" antler. I am so jealous right now ARGH!!! We looked for the other side for quite a while but they had to come back to town for something so we had to leave. I wanted to know what some of you guys methods are for finding antlers that arent laying close to each other? The antler is really heavy so I dont think its too far away but I have alot of big antlers that I cant find the other side to.Most the deer around here dont shed antlers close together so any tips or methods you guys could give me would be great thanks.Its pinion type country thats on a mesa thats like 6 miles long ang 5 or 6 miles wide mostly flat.

If I was you I would be walkin the crap outa that area! If you have lots of time to slowly work the area I would do that. At the time she found the shed and you guys saw it your hearts were probably beating about a million miles an hour. So you probably walked by it already! I know if I find a big antler and the other side isnt right there I get into kind of a panic mode and pretty much spaz till I find the other side....and that usually isnt until I calm myself or pretty much give up on the antler...then it is just laying there...and the heart rate jumps into overdrive again! Good luck on that antler!! Hope to see some pics
YB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom