Raffle Tags - Alfredo Julian

LoveBigRacks

Anyone know if Julian posts on here, or does anyone know him? Met him at the Sportsmans Show several years back and have seen some articles of his hunts. He's either REALLY lucky or drops "several 10's of thousands of dollars" on raffle tickets each year. He pulled Statewide Deer / Elk Combo AND Bighorn Sheep raffle tags this year....won both of those same tags via the raffle in 2008....won the statewide deer / elk combo AND rocky mtn goat tags via raffle in 2007....and Central OR deer raffle in 2006.

Good for him, I have little doubt he's making a significant contribution ($$) to ODFW every year and only wish I had his luck....and resources.

My son drew a doe tag but other than that we struck out this year. Keeping my fingers crossed for WY results. A buddy drew Mt Emily rifle elk tag. Congrats to everyone else who drew and good luck. The mild winter and wet spring should be doing wonders for antler growth!

LBR

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-10 AT 01:11AM (MST)[p]I think I read in another forum (ifish?) that he buys a ton of raffle tickets every year. It's actually a really smart strategy compared to the auction process. If he buys half of the $60,000 worth of sheep tickets every year, he'll win once every two years and 'only' be into it $60k instead of twice that for the auction tag. Also, he's smart for buying the raffle tickets for the deer/elk combo, which has much better odds than either of the standalone deer or elk raffles have.

I don't know the guy, but have read about him on another site. Apparently he lives in Vancouver, WA. He buys lots of raffle tickets every year, and obviously can afford it. Folks that seem to know him say he's a great guy, hunts hard with a bow, and doesn't hire guides. They say he gave away one of his tags one year to a kid and took him on a Mentored Youth Hunt that Oregon allows.

Or how about Gerald (Lucky) Warnock? He must buy lots of tickets also as he's won a few years in a row & runner up for the sheep this year. Good luck.

I know alfredo personally as he is a client and I do help him with certain hunts. I do not help him with these raffle hunts. We work on a couple of blacktail hunts together. You will not meet a nicer and more humble sportsman then alfredo. They do not use guides to get there animals they do it all themselves. Alfredo does drop some rather large coin on the raffle tickets the amount I do not know but I appreciate everything that alfredo and all of the others do with the raffle.

I know that in 2008 with the deer half of his combo raffle tag he gave it to a youth and mentored him on it. He has not killed a bull for a couple of times on these tags. He is strictly archery so even taller order.

All that being said alfredo is an amazing person and a great guy.

Dave

Cool, thanks for the feedback Dave. I'm glad to hear good things about him and that he's an archery tackle type of guy. Like I said, I'm sure a lot of good has come from the money he has dumped into the raffle.

Back
Top Bottom