rangefinder

happytohunt

okay fellers which rangefindewr have ye used? am considering rchers hoice or chuck dams Special...anyone use either of these thanks...mainly for whitetail from treestands...thanks

The Archers Choice is a tough one to beat. If you ever plan on hunting in teh west for anything with a rifle you might want to look at the Riflehunter....

There are so many good choices out there. Just make sure its got an angle compensation. I wouldnt buy a rangefinder without one now!

+1 on the Nikon Riflehunter. Similar the archers choice for bow hunting, but can range out to 500+ yards. So far, the I have ranged an elk up to 650 yards.

Check out the Leupold RX-1000 TBR. Buy far the most solid and dependable rangfinder i have used. It is a little more expensive then the Nikon but it has extremely brighter optics and a red reticle that is easier to see then the black from other brands. It has angle compensation for archery and rifle hunting. It even customizes to your specific bow speed and the grain weight and rifle you are shooting. This one for sure won me over.

You might want to look at the Cabela's VLR II. It's made by Bushnell and has the ARC angle compensation. It's very similar to their ARC 1000 rangefinder. I just picked one up for $179 and it works every bit as good as my buddies ARC 1000.

Somebody else had mentioned the rx-1000 tbr by luepold. That is the best rangfinder i have seen todate. the optics are superior to any others ive seen including nikon and yes the red lighting is excellent works really well in low light when game is more active. I know this is an archery forum but the rifle ballistics are also very handy, and let me tell you they are accurate. Before this range finder I had a Nikon 550 and it was about half of the price but also half of the quality. And it didn't have the arc which is a must in my opinion. Good luck would like to hear what you end up with.

Being around a lot of archery guys I have seen a lot of Luepolds with loads of problems. Had a friend have to take two separate ones back and finally exchanged it for the nikon archers choice. I wish he would have gotten the nikon rifle one like I have it has always been good to me. The nikon doesn't have the best optics out but hey you are not looking through it all day long either.

The arc calc function is spot on

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

There are no big bucks in Utah! LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom