Really!!

E

eNVy

I am amazed at how many previous posts there are on people that don't have a clue for the units they draw!! I guess I'm one of the few that only puts in for units I know or want to learn on my OWN. It just seems to me when I read some of these posts that they are looking for a handout. But hey, human nature will always choose the easiest path possible!

Yep, really. If you don't like it then don't reply to them. Simple as that.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

Yeah I look at it from a perspective that they are taking tags away from other hunters.

Yes people have to start somewhere but I feel many people apply certain places just because they read about it in a magazine or saw it on the net.

I really wanted to apply for the mid season 22 hunt this year I thought I would have a good chance to draw and it has a good reputation for good animals. But I didn't because I don't know the area and want to stay closer to Elko.

Fortunately in nevada there is still some luck involved.

I

Many of us can't hunt the same areas time and time again. I personally wouldn't want to anyway. I look for different areas, different terrain, different states to hunt for the experience. Its impossible to scout every place you have a tag for depending on your situation. I can't. I'll always ask for a point in the right direction....no hurt in that. If I get help, great. If I don't, I have maps and I'll just figure it out. I had a Vernon tag last year and I had a huge amount of help. It really made my hunt better than I think it would have been. I think you hurt yourself by not asking for advice. My son who's 12 is now along with me with his own tags. I'm asking for help for the both of us. If I didn't, I'd be affecting his hunting experience as well.
One of these posts come out every year about this time. Here's my suggestion, stay off the site until October and you probably won't be bothered. :)

M'Balz Es Hari

And another thing, eNVy....You have 2 posts to your name! LOL! You must be so irritated seeing how long you've been on this site. REALLY??!!

M'Balz Es Hari

>And another thing, eNVy....You have 2
>posts to your name! LOL!
>You must be so irritated
>seeing how long you've been
>on this site. REALLY??!!
>
>
>M'Balz Es Hari

Someone must have drawn "his tag" and asked for help.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

I believe you are correct. It might really piss him off when he reads that my son is 12 (no points) and I only had 2 points going in to the NV deer draw. We drew 192 tags as a party. Ain't that a beyotch!

M'Balz Es Hari

LAST EDITED ON May-26-13 AT 05:57PM (MST)[p]Sorry to burst your bubble but I do not hang at those places as much as I appreciate a good basque meal in my last two trips I have not made it to the star.

No one has drawn my tag. Why don't you just all pile in me whatever I don't care. Just saying what we see lots of people applying for hunts they have no idea about the areas or have ever hunted. Some of us have been going to places since before we were old enough to hold our own tag.

To the guy who is ecstatic that his son drew with no points good for him. I will stock pile my points to help my kids as the get closer in age too that's part of the game.

The resin unlike elko is I know my way around and have some contacts there to help.

And I did actually think before the draw that there would be many that draw with low to no points this year because so many people used points last year

Again, some choose to hunt the same places year after year. I hunted area 10 ML in 2010 and we saw very few deer. I probably won't put in for that hunt again. This year, I needed to only put in for the later hunts as we're heading to WY in mid-October. I really didn't expect to be drawn for any of the later seasons that we applied for. As mentioned, there is luck involved. Did I, as a NR, take somebody elses tag? Who knows? It took me 7 years before I drew my first NV deer tag. Do I look at it as all of those years somebody was drawing MY tag? Nope...its the luck of the draw.
Theres nothing wrong with putting in for an area that you are unfamiliar with. I think it's funny how some think that it is. If me drawing the 192 tag over someone who knows the area is wrong...then I don't wanna be right. LOL. I will say that I will know the area prior to my hunt via maps, GoogleEarth, and the guys on MM that are willing to help a fellow hunter and his son have a better hunting experience.

M'Balz Es Hari

Hell i ask for help in areas that i know well. I figure there is always someone out there that knows somewhere that i dont, and i have people ask me when they know the area also. It never hurts to ask for a pointer.
I have helped numerous people on here with info on areas i have hunted in the past and appreciate it when people help me. What i dont appreciate is when i help someone and they dont even say thanks.
If you dont like people asking for help you dont have to answer with any. If you dont like seeing posts about asking for advice then dont look at them simple as that.

I'm not really sure why you care if someone else asks for help in a unit they don't know or if they draw a tag for a unit they have never hunted in before. This season will be my first real hunt ever and I drew a 101 mid deer tag. I have only ever hunted in a tree stand in Illinois and didn't get anything except cold then.

I hope you and everyone else here is prepared to see me asking stupid questions and asking for advice on my hunt area. I'm glad I drew this tag as it is the kind of hunt I was interested in doing. I'll be here and on other sites learning until the season starts. If anyone has a problem with that I could really care less.

You go do you hunt and I will do mine.

We used to hunt new areas all the time before the internet:) Generally we put in for areas we heard about by word of mouth, or we went with someone who knew the area. Some times we would write an actual letter to biologists for information. There was like a two week turn around.

One of the reasons this site exists is to help each other out and to share information. Plus planning a hunt is a large part of the fun. I enjoy communicating what I know about an area (without giving up any honey holes, of course:))

I think it's kind of silly not to ask and you don't have to give help if you don't want to. I think everybody understands that too.

Eel

Just my own opinion I really do not mind helping people in units I have hunted. I hunt my ass off like most people and do my research spend thousands of dollars on gas to scout, but when it comes down to it, I don't mind helping the next guy. I think I am a hard core hunter but many times have been helped by many MM guys, cycle of life I guess. JB

Oregon City, Oregon

No need for name callin! Everybody has an opinion on this I guess....if using the Internet for hunting info is how you scout, good luck! I don't. I have two record book animals from Nevada and didn't use this site or the Internet to get them. And nobody got "my tag."

I rarely get on here anymore because people just like to give eachother a hard time. Its pretty dang sad. Some people have nothing better to do than criticize people on here.

envy, just your opinion no worries we each have our own perspective. I live in Oregon and could put many in the books but that is not me. I am 44 and have hunted Cali, Kansas, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming. Used a guide once. It is each person perspective, no insult intended. I have no problem passing on information. You still have to hit the ground and work hard. JB

Son, I really appreciate the response you received on your post.
If you could direct all of the late archery 10 hunters to harrison pass it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
There are two big bucks there per doe! I swear it on my favorite broken fishing pole!

eonyv or whatever just because someone got your tag
be nice and sit by you book bucks stoking it! Their always
next year,so grabs some buds and help someone and be a hero!!
SMACK

Coming from someone who posted asking for info ill throw in my 2 cents. At 26 years old, I may die before a draw another bull tag in Nevada. Ill have boots on the dirt less than a week after results were posted for a hunt that is six months away. If asking someone for some tips about a unit that I happen to know fairly well makes the difference im going to do it.

eNVy, is your fisrt name Penis?

Sorry... Couldn't resist. Really though,the way the NV draw works, not many get to hunt more than once except for the easier to draw deer hunts. Elk, sheep and such are a shot in the dark draw. I doubt anyone here is really expecting more than just a start with shared information. Likely more just wanting to talk about their lucky draw.

I have no problem with someone asking about a unit they don't know. If you don't want to give them any info, then don't. I used to just hunt my home state, and used my own scouting knowledge and knowledge gained from people I personally know.

In the last few years however, I have been lucky enough to start expanding to other states' opportunities and been very fortunate to get help from people who know the areas well. I put in for a CO deer tag in a unit I have never set foot in. I didn't draw, but when I do, I will definitely be asking for help. Doesn't hurt to ask, and if I can reciprocate with some of my home state knowledge, then great.

I hear you. I'm one who drew an elk tag and don't have a clue about the unit. Nobody seems to want to share any info so I hired an outfitter. I'll let him do the scouting while I kick back and take it easy. Hope it wasn't "your" tag. LMAO

I tend to look at the guys who post for the 1st time ALOT different than the one who have been around a bit

I have been helped on more than one hunt by members on this site and appreciate that, but never pass on that info. I will pass on info I learn in the process of the hunt.

BTW I have been HAMMERED by emails from the HUNTER TRAILHEAD draw odds. I treat them like I do HUNTING FOOLS requests....I ignore them, those sites SELL a service but expect US to provide the info.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Envy, I've noticed the most experienced and knowledgeable hunters on this site seem to be the people who help out the most. I started deer hunting late in my life but I love it so much and am playing catch up so I can hunt with my son and build some memories so the help I've gotten so far from some of these very experienced people on here has been deeply appreciated. Some day, I hope I can be in a place where I can help somebody like me. One very nice soul on here even donated to my son and Range Finder for our first hunt two years ago. We were lucky to draw 10 again and we're packing in to get away from crowds and I'm going to be needing help again and I am so glad of the very kind and giving people on this site. I can understand your frustration from having posted so many times. Those of you that are reading this that have helped me with information and even willing to meet with me, I appreciate you very much and you make this site and sport what it should be....Shared.

I have made some really good friends on this site and others just by reaching out to someone who asked for help. It has paid off in good friendships and other hunts in other states with good people.

I too have made some good friends with a common interests, networking with others here on MM.

I think a lot of folks will ask for a pointer or two about an area to try to make their $4.00 a gal. gas go a bit farther. I am currently, literally saving my change to get to my area twice this year, once to scout and once to hunt. In years past I have hunted 3 or 4 states plus my own without concern...not any more. This is my only out of state hunt this year.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom