Refund question

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
I know normally you can either get $$$ or forfeit and keep your PPs. My son is in the reserves and is scheduled to deploy in December. In the meantime all of his drills are mandatory. He usually drills the first weekend each month and drew 1st rifle so it should not be a conflict BUT if it is, will Colorado make an exception for military????

He'll know for sure this weekend.

I don't know..guess you could call them to find out.

I would certainly hope that the state would do that for our reservists.

If not, I suggest we take up a collection for him here and pay for his tag so he can keep his points.

Let us know what the verdict is and if we need to help a serviceman.

I would think they would. They did it for my father in law last year, we ended up turning his tag in 2 days before the season and he got a PP in its place. He wasn't military but he did have a wicked accident that kept him from hunting last year.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I believe they look at each individual situation, if I had to guess he won't have any issues...
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>I would think they would. They
>did it for my father
>in law last year, we
>ended up turning his tag
>in 2 days before the
>season and he got a
>PP in its place. He
>wasn't military but he did
>have a wicked accident that
>kept him from hunting last
>year.
>
>"Some days its just not worth
>chewing through the restraints"

But did he get his money back? That is what he is asking. You can definately get your PPs reinstated, but can he get his points back AND get his money back. I would be surprised if they do that for anyone.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I sure hope a military deployment would be looked at differently and they would allow it including gaining a point.

I verified he drew via the front door. he's at drill this weekend and will find out when his October drill is. Plenty of time to deal with it.

Thanks for the info guys.

Last year I turned in an elk tag and had to choose if I wanted a refund or would like to draw an additional point. Brian

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom