Region Y deer tag archery question

backpacker

I have an archery tag for elk unit 38 and was wondering if the Y deer tag covers that unit. It looks like it's deer units 24/25. Having never bow-hunted WY, I was wondering if I get the deer tag and an archery license am I allowed to hunt deer in elk unit 38 in Sept? I didn't see any Sept seasons for deer units 24/25 in the regs. Might have to make a call to the F&G. Thanks.

Not positive deer Units 24-25 covers elk 38 but deer 24 and 25 are in Region Y. My regulations say that both units are open to archery hunting for deer with tag and archery license Sept 1-30.

How whas the winter in region y this year. And the big horn mountains in general. Whas looking at region y for a mule deer hunt next year. Hows the population? A lot of hunting presure? Not looking for any trophies. Or any ones secret spots. Just sum general info. Thanks...

Unit 25 is over in elk unit 38 and you should be able to hunt both animals with the proper tags and archery permit with no problem. There was a lot of snow up in the high country throughout the Bighorns last winter, but the animals have plenty of winter range to migrate down out of the higher elevations to, so I haven't heard of any real winter losses up there.

Should be able to get a general Y tag which covers unit 25, correct? The leftover list says around 80 tags left. I'm not real concerned if they do sell out, should probably concentrate on the elk :)

Yep, as of this post there are still 82 Region Y deer tags available. You better buy one because you know what will happen if you don't have one in your pocket on that hunt,LOL!

backpacker
I also drew unit 38 archery after 7 yrs of trying. looking
forward to it. I have been archery deer hunting that unit
for the last 7 yrs and if i was you i would get one of them
leftover tags. There's some nice deer around. When are you
going out?
triplett
Good luck!

3D- I was planning on the whole month or until I killed. I had the vacation in for September 5 thru the end of the month but now the boss at work is telling me that sh!t ain't happening. Pretty ticked off right now so my hunt dates are still to be determined, hoping for the first 2 weeks after Labor Day. I shot you a PM.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom