Removal of cougars in oregon

Kill them all ! Finally predator control with hounds. About dang time they put a dent in the cougar population before they eat all of the elk and deer.Probably going to have to do another study to make sure they don't kill to many cougars though. That guy is going to have a hey day killing cats this winter.

Sounds good, but I would not hold my breath while it happens. Like CA. you hunters in Oregon are saddled with too many anti-hunting animal lovers. When they find out about this position to remove cougars, they will be up in arms and filing a court injunction to prevent it from happening. The same tactics they use here in CA.
Oregon has always had it own share of anti-hunting animal lovers, but it is worse now due to the big influx of residents moving from the L.A. and bay area of CA. to your state upon retirement. Alot of big city ideas moved with them. Good luck.

RELH

Fortunately this has went through and it has been in place in some units already. I know a few of the houndsman who are running currently in Western Oregon. One of them got 6 cats in 5 days. These cats are so out of shape they are up a tree in no time. They are taking it unit by unit til they get them thinned. The Proposal is to take out about 2000 cats statewide. The way they are working it now a unit here a unit there is not going to Send all of the valley folks into an uproar. With the Federal Law about state governing the animals the rule law for Oregon which was enacted and signed by the governor trumps the the Oregon law. Basically a State Agent can run dogs as an employee of the state John Q houndsman has to sit on the sidelines. It is a great thing now just get to SE Oregon.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-06 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p]THANK GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to have a job like this (but no experience) I live by the three S's (shoot , shovel an shut-up oh that's for wolves,shoot why not cougars) But have yet to see one in my life!!! Well one But that's another story Go figure....Yes I do have a cougar tag at all times with me, but the chances of me seeing one as you ALL know are very slim. I think I would have won the lottery buy now before seeing a cougar. Who knows my luck is risen everyday now with the population.
"Gettin closer to winning the lottery then you think"???

CW