RFW Burns Hole, GMU 10 or GMU 22

Rich521

I'm looking to try and get a 180+ buck. I want to try and hit as close to the rut as possible, so I'm Looking at 4th season or on the RFW that would be Dec 1. I'm looking for any information you can give me on these 3 areas. Any information on the Burns hole hunt would be greatly appreciated. I don't know much about area 22, but I have been in parts of area 10. I'm guessing area 22 and 10 are similar in terrain? We hunted low in area 10 a couple of years ago for deer. Mostly high sage brush out on some of the oil fields. Hard to glass because it was fairly flat. Thanks

I don't know about the RFW, but if you are really trying to decide between 22 or 10 and have the points (or $$ for a voucher) then I would say it is a no brainer and you have to go with unit 10. You should have a much better chance at a 180+ buck in 10 then you would in 22, but that is also why it takes 14pts for a 10 4th season tag.

I used to live next to the guy that runs Burns Hole and they shoot some nice deer. I know that they do a good job on there deer management. They are stand up guys and will hunt hard for you.

welcome to MM Rich I knew you'ld find it eventually, you'll like the "check your draw odds here" feature you may have to turn off your pop-up blocker temporarily to recieve it.

I'm not for sure where Burns Hole is, but it's got to be close to where I went this year. I went on a RFW property right near the town of Burns, CO. Not for sure how it works when you draw that tag - I went through an outfitter. I went 11/20-11/24. It was one awesome place. If you want more details, let me know.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom