Road trip help

NVMDF

My 5 year old son and I are planning a 10 day road trip after the 4th of July, planning to go through Yellow Stone for a few days, then we want to head for Colorado. Can any of you give me a list of must see's and maybe a place or two for camping and fishing. we will be spending a couple days in Ledville with friends, but other than that, looking for your recomendations.

Thanks,

NVMDF

When you leave Jellystone go out the East side and go to Buffalo Bill's Museaum in CODY then head south.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

If you go out the east side and go to Cody and see the Museum...they also have a rodeo every night in Cody all summer then head towards buffalo and when you hit I-90 then go north to the Little Big Horn National forest and see Custers Last stand.....We did that last summer and it was well worth the drive!

I would try to see Grand Teton nat park, maybe a ride across Jenny lake and a short hike or float the snake below Jackson.

My buddies just got back From Henry lake this weekend. That caught a 9 lb cutbow and also a 4.5 lb brooke trout. They are going to mount both.
You said you may want to do a little fishing. That in the island park area.

Your son may be a little young to appreciate it. But as he gets older take him to Dinosaur National Monument. They have a Ranger Guided trail for fossils and all the Dino bones being unearthed are located inside an air conditoned building. Lots of bones, history of the earth and plenty of pictures as well as a couple of Dino's.

)))).......>

Gotta' see the Cody museum. Henry's Lake (Idaho just before you get to W. Yellowstone) holds HUGE fish....almost any place in north of Ashton, Idaho is full of fish and locals who will "aim" you.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Take the Flaming Gorge loop south out of Green River.It's a "Scenic Byway",and you won't be disappointed.Good chance of seeing elk,deer,pronghorn,eagles,turkeys,bighorn sheep.Oh yeah-the fishing in FG ain't too bad,either!Rainbows,browns,lakers,kokanee salmon,smallmouth bass,catfish.All reach trophy proportions in the Gorge.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom