scope base info. needed- HELP

ridgetops

Very Active Member
Does anyone recognize these bases?
I'm looking for a replacement set screw that I've lost.
All I know is these bases are very old and I can't get them off the rifle, so hopefully I can find a new set screw.
gun base.jpg
gun bases 2.jpg

It might be a burris. On google, the trumont universal base looks just like it. Now if I can find just a screw without buying the whole base. I wonder if a gunsmith might have one kicking around.

Tighten the top half of the ring and get a wooden broom handle put it in the circle and turn it counter clock wise and it will unlock. A wooden clothes pole like what's in your closet also works.

Tighten the top half of the ring and get a wooden broom handle put it in the circle and turn it counter clock wise and it will unlock. A wooden clothes pole like what's in your closet also works.
It's not the rings that are stuck. It's the small allen head screw that tightens the base to the barrel.

I had that same problem about 2 weeks ago, I had to use an easy out to get the screw removed.... I bet you could find replacements at Brownells or MidWay USA...

So I ended up going to sportsman's warehouse gunsmith and he had an extra screw laying around that matched what my base needed. Now I can mount the ring back on and I'm good to go.

In the event that happens to another member, most local gunsmiths will have numerous screws for scope rings and basis on hand. they save them while changing rings or bases for customers and the customer does not want the old set taken off.
I even have about 30-40 different parts for scope bases and rings in my shop junk drawer that I saved over the years.
RELH

Another tip with a lot of old rifles/bases/screws is a little heat to the screw can help a lot. Use a small soldering gun or put the bit into the screw and heat the bit with a heat gun. Lots of old timers used red loctite as a standard practice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom