Score Contest #2

• Thread starter monarchtaxidermy
  • Start date
M

monarchtaxidermy

Hey MM members, I figure the offseason is a great time for us to freshen up our scoring skills. I am going to try and post a monthly contest on the score of a deer or elk. The person who guesses the correct gross score of the animal will win an advantage max one camo hunting hat. I know it's not the greatest prize in the world but the satisfactory of being able to field judge an animal is the real prize here. The first correct score wins. Please only one vote per MM member. Good luck.

Buck number 2 comes from a general southern Utah tag. A few things you may want to consider when scoring this buck are; #1 his head is huge. his face is long and very wide compared to the average buck. #2 he has very large ears. This buck may not seem to wide because of his ears. Last of all, this was a huge bodied deer. good luck

also we only have until thursday for this contest. this buck will be at the expo with his score so we need a winner before then. If there are no correct scores by then I will post the closest score as the winner wednesday night
Curtis Wilson
Monarch Mountain Taxidermy
4929dscn1013.jpg

3150dscn1014.jpg

483dscn1015.jpg

149dscn1017.jpg

Curtis, Thanks for adding the given description this time. Not that i'll get any closer than the last buck :) but it's a lot nicer when you have a better idea of the bucks size!!

Joey

Well........... I'm not the best field scorer but i'll go with
197 1/8.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-10 AT 05:54AM (MST)[p]never_ catch beat me to it by a minute. great minds think a like huh? nice frame 187 5/8

ridgeline outdoors
blacks creek guide gear

183 2/8" He looks a little better than this but thats the biggest I can make him.

Not to bad so far!!! again there is a person who is an 1/8 off right now, but no correct scores so far.

We have a winner!!!!! Check winner score contest 2 post. how close were you?

Damn, looks like I missed out on the contest this time. Maybe I should check in a little more often. My guess was gonna be 187 so not too far off

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

RE: Score Contest #2 The score is 175 Inches

>Hey MM members, I figure the
>offseason is a great time
>for us to freshen up
>our scoring skills. I am
>going to try and post
>a monthly contest on the
>score of a deer or
>elk. The person who guesses
>the correct gross score of
>the animal will win an
>advantage max one camo hunting