Second Chance Bull

Antler1

My boy and I found this bull glassing Thursday. From that point on we watched him from daylight to dark. Opening morning things were not perfect but I had a shot I have made a 100 times, this time I missed. After a long tracking job we found the canyon we figured they were headed. Evening came and with the help of several family members we had a plan. I was skeptical the bull would still be there. One chance at a bull like this is lucky but two in one day is a miricle. Hunting our way back out of the canyon I spotted some cows and could not beleive my eyes when I seen the bulls still with them. Thanks to all the family for their help and hard work.
4ab0d9810bd6e591.jpg

4ab0d9a30c0ee9f3.jpg

4ab0d9e60d24d122.jpg

4ab0da0c0d861a5d.jpg

4ab0da370e1a5c47.jpg

4ab0da5f10b6cfb3.jpg

4ab0da94115fddb2.jpg

That is one nice looking bull. Congrats on your successful hunt, looks like you boy sure enjoyed the hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Good looking bull!!! Looks like you all had a great time too. Congrats to you and everyone invovled and way to get the family out with you.

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

Dang that a nice bull, I'm glad you had so many people helping you out, It made the hunt a special one for you with all the family around. The boys looked like they are a couple good spotters too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Dale,

Good to see you post up your awesome bull! Nicely done! I was sick when Darwin read your text Saturday morning! Glad it all worked out and he gave you the fatal second chance! Congrats on a great bull Dale!

Great Bull! I love the character with that extra point behind the Sword too. Way to to stick with it!

It's awesome to see pictures of family helpin out, especially kids...Way to Go! Pretty soon, you will be spottin for them and their Bull.

?-ERock-> ?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-09 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]He is a Utah Bull..The strange thing about it was he had green paint on his side like he had been paint balled???

Green paint? I think you scared the chit out of him earlier in the day!;-)

It is crazy how those southern units have been producing the extra brow tines? I have seen several over the past few years.

Awesome bull!! I would like to know the score too. KTC, loved the statement on scaring the shtuff out of him!! Good one! I'm sure he did with that first missed shot.

Congrats Dale..
We figured you were screwing with us when you sent that text...
Glad you got the second chance and made it count...
That is a nice bull!

Hey Antler1,

That is a great looking bull. Congradulations I thought for sure you would shoot the other bull. That one has tons of character besides being a hog. It looks like a family affair which makes it all the more special.

Congrates Dale on a Hog of a Bull, you have made a memory for you and your son that will last a lifetime.

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

I just got back from an over night trip to Gooseberry with my boys third grade class. Dang it was COLD last night. That ought to kick things up a notch as far as the rut goes.

Ty, your right about the extra eye guards on these southern units. It seems like most are from Boulder?

For those who want to know the score? I actually have not measured it but three guys have wanted to and all three come up with a different score from the low 380's to the high 380's. Whatever it is it far exceeds my goal of 360.

Thanks for the kudos and good on the hunts

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom