Seeking Wyo points partner.

liecabucks

Very Active Member
I’m well aware of the impact last years winter had on mule deer herds of western Wyoming. I’ve seen the ups and the downs of the last 20 years first hand and anticipate a challenging 3-5 years ahead. From the counts I’ve been provided with, some areas fared slightly better than others but overall we’re looking at a 60% reduction in buck numbers based on what have returned to the winter range. Some addition season shortening is being talked about and possibly more tag cuts for the 2024 season ahead.
The bright side to this grey cloud is the winter we are currently having. What survived the hunts and last winter look very healthy.

**This offer may not be for you**

What I’m looking for are one or two at most NR mule deer hunters to team up with in a group application. Western Wyoming is the target Hunt area and more specifically the general region of G or H. I’m open to a conversation about either. You’ll need to come to the table with points, good physical health and an open mind and adequate experience to back country type hunting. These hunt areas could break you mentally and or physically so please don’t reach out unless you are willing to give it hell and still eat tag soup.

**additional disclosure**

There are no guarantees in killing a big deer or any deer for that matter and I’m not a guide!

If this sounds like a possibility for you then drop me a PM and let’s work through some further details.

PS
Smart a** comments are always welcome, this is still America, get to punching them keys!

Ii wouldn't give you or any body, including my mother my Wyo points.Hope you find a sucker. How's that for smart ass comments. Move there if you want to hunt one of the best OTC spots(resident) in the world. I would if Giant muleys were my passion.

If you have the points, they're worth big $$$ I wouldn't give them away.

Some outfitters are offering great discounts and even free hunts for points.
Based on the past successes of leicabucks, hunting with him might well be worth far more than hunting with the vast majority of guides. He’s found and killed some big stuff for many years. I’d bet he could land a guide job quite easily with any outfitter up there. Plus, guided clients have to wake up 2 hours earlier than DIYers so they can make a long truck then horse ride to get to the deer every morning.

Some people might be better off with a guide, but most hunters who don’t need someone walking with them on the mountain are far better off hunting with a fellow DIYer who invests time scouting, finds big bucks, and shares info on how best hunt the spot. I’m good with guides, and I’ve been asked to guide up there, but man, that alarm at 2:00am and a 1 hour truck drive to a trailhead and then a 2 hour ride every morning doesn’t sound fun.

To each their own and everyone has their own opinion, but I sure don’t see anything wrong with someone sharing points with someone as accomplished as liecabucks.

When somone shares their points with a guy that asks for peoples points regularly, and they end up killing a bigger buck then a guy that always asks I'll be impressed. Haven't seen it happen on here yet

Based on the past successes of leicabucks, hunting with him might well be worth far more than hunting with the vast majority of guides. He’s found and killed some big stuff for many years. I’d bet he could land a guide job quite easily with any outfitter up there. Plus, guided clients have to wake up 2 hours earlier than DIYers so they can make a long truck then horse ride to get to the deer every morning.

Some people might be better off with a guide, but most hunters who don’t need someone walking with them on the mountain are far better off hunting with a fellow DIYer who invests time scouting, finds big bucks, and shares info on how best hunt the spot. I’m good with guides, and I’ve been asked to guide up there, but man, that alarm at 2:00am and a 1 hour truck drive to a trailhead and then a 2 hour ride every morning doesn’t sound fun.

To each their own and everyone has their own opinion, but I sure don’t see anything wrong with someone sharing points with someone as accomplished as liecabucks.
I would still make sure I got more than some info on deer. I would make some $$$$ on my points.

I've been offered tag fee, $500 in cash, and info for point sharing on a general Utah deer.

Wyoming is worth way more.

When somone shares their points with a guy that asks for peoples points regularly, and they end up killing a bigger buck then a guy that always asks I'll be impressed. Haven't seen it happen on here yet
I didn’t have to ask for points, he tracked me down, but my hunt buddy Scott killed the better buck than I in 2018.

Most of the guys I’ve hunted with have nowhere near the expectations and standards as myself.

Also, In 2015 I didn’t kill a buck but my hunting buddy, Landon, killed 30”+ buck.

It happens.

I didn’t have to ask for points, he tracked me down, but my hunt buddy Scott killed the better buck than I in 2018.

Most of the guys I’ve hunted with have nowhere near the expectations and standards as myself.

Also, In 2015 I didn’t kill a buck but my hunting buddy, Landon, killed 30”+ buck.

It happens.
Well I stand corrected then. That's good to hear

I would still make sure I got more than some info on deer. I would make some $$$$ on my points.

I've been offered tag fee, $500 in cash, and info for point sharing on a general Utah deer.

Wyoming is worth way more.
Like I said, hunting with leicabucks is probably worth every bit of what an outfitter charges.

I get a kick out of you wanting to push the whole exchange of cash for points. Or using them to help an outfitter land more clients. Very unexpected.

Like I said, hunting with leicabucks is probably worth every bit of what an outfitter charges.

I get a kick out of you wanting to push the whole exchange of cash for points. Or using them to help an outfitter land more clients. Very unexpected.
If people are going to play the game, the point holders should benefit too.

Two way street...and personally I'd be charging a minimum of 4-5k for someone to use my points in Wyoming. Guided hunts are worth that at a minimum.

Supply and demand.

As time goes on those top point holders are going to find more and more value to extract from those looking to be their "friend" to use their points.

Points = $$$$$$

Last edited:
I find it always funny when people try to disrail a post. I will admit right now Clint and I are friends. But I have never hunted with a guy that scouts and puts in the time like Clint does. Photos start in July and run through the season. He makes so many scouting trips it’s crazy. I have never been around a better mule deer hunter. He even follows them to the winter range. Never seen a guy have a summer photo and winter photos of the same damn deer hundreds of miles away. So you can follow Buzz’s advice and try to cash in, or have a guy that scouts more than the guides. Your choice.

I find it always funny when people try to disrail a post. I will admit right now Clint and I are friends. But I have never hunted with a guy that scouts and puts in the time like Clint does. Photos start in July and run through the season. He makes so many scouting trips it’s crazy. I have never been around a better mule deer hunter. He even follows them to the winter range. Never seen a guy have a summer photo and winter photos of the same damn deer hundreds of miles away. So you can follow Buzz’s advice and try to cash in, or have a guy that scouts more than the guides. Your choice.
Why not maximize profit when you have something others want?

Just makes one thing, and that's total sense.

For most of the high point holders, it's pretty obvious hunting each year isn't a priority, may as well make some $$$ for their investment.

I also think it's more than fair to let high point holders know what they have and what their points are worth.

Hate to see people get ripped off.

I’ve been buying points for some non hunters for years. Not really worth it in states you most buy a license first. Few more years and we will see how it pays off.

No doubt leicabucks will find someone. They won’t regret it!

IMHO it sounds like a pretty good deal to me, if I was a bit younger I'd be sending a PM now. I mostly hunt solo but guessing this hunt would be a little tougher:) Will have 14 points going into this years draw.

IMHO it sounds like a pretty good deal to me, if I was a bit younger I'd be sending a PM now. I mostly hunt solo but guessing this hunt would be a little tougher:) Will have 14 points going into this years draw.
Mind over matter. You can get it done. Theres a misconception you have to go really far back to get a big buck. Some of the biggest bucks are killed pretty damn close to the road. Lots of nice trails to branch off of too.....

If you're old you likely have the time. That beats youth and no time :D

My hunting partner and I each have 12 points. I've already got some big hunts planned for '24 so we'll have 13 each in '25. I'm at least willing to discuss options. We can out-hike a mule and have some relatively solid intel as well.

We hear about point creep for Utah's draws but I have never heard of guides giving free guided hunt if someone shares their points in Utah. 🤷

We hear about point creep for Utah's draws but I have never heard of guides giving free guided hunt if someone shares their points in Utah. 🤷
There are outfitters doing it with full transparency. They have clients with lower points willing to pay extra to hunt now which offsets the cost for the person giving up their points. It is really a win for all involved but it doesn't do the diy guys any favors who fail to draw due to point sharing happening above them.

There are outfitters doing it with full transparency. They have clients with lower points willing to pay extra to hunt now which offsets the cost for the person giving up their points. It is really a win for all involved but it doesn't do the diy guys any favors who fail to draw due to point sharing happening above them.
There are plenty of DIY guys doing point sharing.

Mind over matter. You can get it done. Theres a misconception you have to go really far back to get a big buck. Some of the biggest bucks are killed pretty damn close to the road. Lots of nice trails to branch off of too.....

If you're old you likely have the time. That beats youth and no time :D
Now wait just a darn minute… weren’t you giving me 💩 that I could look down from where I was hunting this year and see the trailhead!?!? I do agree with your post, hence why I wasn’t far from the road.

I’m well aware of the impact last years winter had on mule deer herds of western Wyoming. I’ve seen the ups and the downs of the last 20 years first hand and anticipate a challenging 3-5 years ahead. From the counts I’ve been provided with, some areas fared slightly better than others but overall we’re looking at a 60% reduction in buck numbers based on what have returned to the winter range. Some addition season shortening is being talked about and possibly more tag cuts for the 2024 season ahead.
The bright side to this grey cloud is the winter we are currently having. What survived the hunts and last winter look very healthy.

**This offer may not be for you**

What I’m looking for are one or two at most NR mule deer hunters to team up with in a group application. Western Wyoming is the target Hunt area and more specifically the general region of G or H. I’m open to a conversation about either. You’ll need to come to the table with points, good physical health and an open mind and adequate experience to back country type hunting. These hunt areas could break you mentally and or physically so please don’t reach out unless you are willing to give it hell and still eat tag soup.

**additional disclosure**

There are no guarantees in killing a big deer or any deer for that matter and I’m not a guide!

If this sounds like a possibility for you then drop me a PM and let’s work through some further details.

PS
Smart a** comments are always welcome, this is still America, get to punching them keys!
What are you offering in return for point sharing ?

I'll give you $49.95 for em....why the hell would you have 20 general points? Asking for a friend...
Good question. I've been on a roll of drawing pretty decent tags over the years and just buy the general deer point because they're cheap and I know someday I'll use them with a buddy or 3 or with my kids.

There is no freaking telling how many people are applying for everyone they know right now and have been for years to be able to use their points to keep getting tags in Wyoming.

This is just one more reason why I don't feel that point averaging should not be allowed.

I hope to God that Colorado doesn't start allowing it. Lord have mercy.

12 non res antelope points.
10 non res elk points.
13 non res antelope points-wife
Lets talk.

12 non res antelope points.
10 non res elk points.
13 non res antelope points-wife
Lets talk.
No my deal- start calling outfitters if you want to dump them. Several threads on this site with examples if you search.

Good question. I've been on a roll of drawing pretty decent tags over the years and just buy the general deer point because they're cheap and I know someday I'll use them with a buddy or 3 or with my kids.
Because we live so close, we could ride share. Hint, hint!

This is posted in the classified forum here on Monster Muleys.

”For our non resident hunters looking to hunt elk in Wyoming in 2024, the application deadline is the end of Jan and we only have a few archery and rifle spots left.
We anticipate it will take a few less points this year to draw the new Southern Region Elk tag this year so we are offering a phenomenal discount to anyone with 12 or more elk points of only $995 !!!

We work with an excellent outfitter in Wyoming and can help match you with the hunt you're looking for.

Our SW Wyoming guided hunts are on tens of thousands of private acres, which greatly increase your success and offer a less stressful adventure, with extremely high success.

Our last few elk seasons went 100% shot opportunity for both archery and rifle seasons, and we still have a few guided hunts open for both the September archery rut and October rifle seasons. All are 5 day hunts and include the guide, private ranch, food and lodging.

Regular price is $6,500 for anyone wanting to book now.
12+ points - $995
Discounts available for other point totals as well.
Wyoming license and Special Tag fee not included.

Contact us asap as we only have a few elk spots remaining for next season.
415-706-1204
[email protected]

I really think 12 years is a lot to risk on a $995 guided hunt. Outfitter knows you WILL NOT BE A RETURNING CLIENT. Bet outfitter treats guys with no points better than guys with 12. Just sayin'.....
Guessing they treat them great if they want future point holders to share. It is just another form of payment...

Guessing they treat them great if they want future point holders to share. It is just another form of payment...
You may be right but it seems like a revolving door and the $8K clients are who needs to be kept the happiest. For me, it would be a risky option. Do you know any of the outfitters doing this? Curious....

I am sitting on a few Wyoming points.

Have you shared points with anyone the last five or six years and how did it turn out for them?
LOL! Have you seen the bucks this guy kills?

Judging by his posts in the past he’s coming to the table with zero points. Only way your hunting G every year as a non Rez is this way.

If I were you I’d make him sign a contract that he can’t shoot a buck with your points till you do. He’s gunna kill a toad

Now wait just a darn minute… weren’t you giving me 💩 that I could look down from where I was hunting this year and see the trailhead!?!? I do agree with your post, hence why I wasn’t far from the road.
No I was giving you crap for being on your phone in your tent crying 😂

LOL! Have you seen the bucks this guy kills?

Judging by his posts in the past he’s coming to the table with zero points. Only way your hunting G every year as a non Rez is this way.

If I were you I’d make him sign a contract that he can’t shoot a buck with your points till you do. He’s gunna kill a toad
I was thinking about secretly putting a tracking device in his car and backpack so he doesn’t disappear the night before the opener.

There is no freaking telling how many people are applying for everyone they know right now and have been for years to be able to use their points to keep getting tags in Wyoming.

This is just one more reason why I don't feel that point averaging should not be allowed.

I hope to God that Colorado doesn't start allowing it. Lord have mercy.
What will you cry about next if point sharing went away?

You may be right but it seems like a revolving door and the $8K clients are who needs to be kept the happiest. For me, it would be a risky option. Do you know any of the outfitters doing this? Curious....
Honestly no, no inside info to offer. Maybe I am too trusting but this appears to be a long term strategy by many outfitters. If they want it to work, they need happy pp holders willing to do this in future years. However, I would get a contact in writing if I was doing it.

Oh now. Run along. I don’t want you to be late to the circle jerk with jm77 and buzzh.
Oh boy sounds like you have some history with them. Thats too bad you get your feelings hurt so easily, they are likely on the same side of you regarding point sharing.

BTW if you need any help figuring out how to load a pack let me know. Securing the rack that low is literally the opposite of where it should be. If it was a big rack you would of really hated it. Always willing to help. Let me know.

Oh boy sounds like you have some history with them. Thats too bad you get your feelings hurt so easily, they are likely on the same side of you regarding point sharing.

BTW if you need any help figuring out how to load a pack let me know. Securing the rack that low is literally the opposite of where it should be. If it was a big rack you would of really hated it. Always willing to help. Let me know.

Thanks for the advice. Don't forget to cup the balls.

OP - I have 11 deer points and might be interested. But would probably want to do some type of non-contract regarding how many days you would be not-guiding me in the field. Deposit, something. But interested in talking.

You seem to be fixated on sexual references. I can’t speak for the other but I’m not interested. Being in GA and your interest in men I understand you’re used to your ass hurting. But there’s no reason to hurt your back.

You keep on and you're going to be late to your circle jerk.

OP - I have 11 deer points and might be interested. But would probably want to do some type of non-contract regarding how many days you would be not-guiding me in the field. Deposit, something. But interested in talking.
let’s talk, shoot me a PM with your thoughts.

I know one thing. Odds are with the OP killing the biggest buck. If you are comfortable with that, go for it. Probly has the next one scouted and will leave you in the dust. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom