Serious......donate a hunt????

ELKLOVER

LAST EDITED ON May-07-10 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]I will not include a name at this time, maybe later. I hope this doesn't seem too forward, but it seems like over the years I've seen offers like what I'm about to ask on here.

Last week a fellow where I live (some of you know him) had a terrible accident while working. It seems now that he is paralyzed from the pecks down. This isn't definite yet, but the docs say they're pretty sure that's the case. If it is the case and he is for sure paralyzed this will be terrible for him, his family and his life style. As it would be for anyone. This guy lived for his family and for hunting. The two biggest things in his life. I know at this hard time he probably isn't even thinking about hunting yet (well, yeah, maybe he is), but I am thinking about it for him. I know the time will soon come and he will want to hunt. Probably this fall.

Here's my question. Is there anyone out there that has a hunt available to a handicapped person that they would be willing to donate to this fellow (he loves to hunt elk and muleys)? I would love to just buy him one, but unfortunately I don't have that kind of money. Or is there anyone that can send me in the right direction to make this happen for him? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing. If any of you think you know the man I am talking of please do not say anything to his family or friends yet. I didn't ask them if this idea was OK. I just assumed they had enough to think about right now. I would kind of like it to be a surprise for him too. That is if it works out. Please feel free to call me for more info or any questions.
307-250-3093
Thank you!

Look into wheeling sportsmen or something like that. We have a hunt here in idaho on the desert outside idaho falls goes from aug 1 to dec 31 the month of august is any elk but the rest the year you can shoot a cow. My brother has taken out a kid in a wheel chair and got his first elk. Its flat and pretty open. I dunno if this helps at all.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

just another thought, dont count him out til he is for sure in a wheelchair miricles do happen everyday...

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

You might be jumping the gun a little......I seriously doubt hunting is his biggest concern for a while.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I take them all the time in Utah for SCI. I took a guy last Tues. I built a special trailer just for that.
Call me 801-694-7349 Jeff Pearmain

Paul and Jeff,

I will call you both. Thanks so much for offering to help. Yes, I also thought about me jumping the gun. I don't think I am though. Besides the thoughts of holding his little kids and family, I'm sure hunting is going through his mind. It would mine. Thanks again guys.

Shane

i am a quadrapalegic of 5 years who loves to hunt and to tell you the truth it is what i look forward to most every year. i hope he lives in utah because they go well out of there way to help disabled hunters on general and limited entry hunts. ive looked up other states but none have done as much as utah. send me a private message on here and let me know what hunt he draws and ill give you some more details. also i know the guy over horizon adventures and they usually give out a elk hunt every year to a disabled hunter who needs a "pick me up" on a ranch up spanish fork canyon. i've had to find the last couple of hunters to give the tag to so ill ask if it is still available. and on a side note i wouldn't keep it too much of a secret from him because it takes a lot of planning and there are a lot of things that come with the injury that are a very private matter that he may not be comfotable sharing with others so soon. send me PM and ill see what i can do.
-Rylee

rydub01,
Can I give you a call? I wasn't planning on keeping it a secret for long. I just wanted to see if it was possible and "get it in the works." I am foolish when it comes to these things. I wasn't even sure if he would have to draw the tag or if a tag could just be donated or something? I doubt he has Utah points. Maybe some. He lives in Wyoming in the town I live in. Am I hoping for too much to be able to get basically the whole deal donated? I'm sure he could figure out his transportation. Heck, I'd even drive him if it all worked out. Like I said before, I don't know what all would be involved here. I just thought I'd look into it. Also, what you mentioned above is what I was thinking. I don't know if hunting is on his mind yet, but I would love to present him with a little hunting "package" to show him there are things to be happy about in tough times. Like you said," A pick me up." Believe me, this guy deserves it. Thanks for the advice and help.

I will be calling you other two guys soon. Thank you all so much.

Shane

Shane,
i've been trying to get a hold of my contact for the ranch hunt but haven't had any luck yet. feel free to give me a call @ 801-592-1874. i do know that transportation is up to the hunter but there is a place to stay up there. its been 5 years since i've been up there so it may have changed. as soon as i get the details ill let ya know and we'll go from there.
-Rylee

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom