Shed hunting 48 and 49

I

Idahorn

I'm new to the area and just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to find some sheds. I would appreciate it.

LOL......
They hang up high and steep..... get off the road's, ect... :)

Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

Naw they are low and on the flats. If you want to find horn, look for piles of wolf $hit and go from there. Ron

Ya its steap country I know that much.is there any wma.are the wolves a big problem.

These units are not your best choices for sheds. There may be a few scattered in the lower part of the unit and where pockets of elk and a couple of deer winter. I would personally keep driving to better ground.

haha thanks ron.blackjack.should I head further south.i know there's alot of desert south

Your post on the shed antler forum looks like you have a good idea where to be all ready. The elk with the short dagger tines certainly resemble the Big Wood genetics.

Those are eastern idaho horns.I'm moving to the wood river valley shortly.can't wait either.just need to meet people who like doing the same thing as me.

I am honestly against horn hunting/ People are willing to do some truly ignorant things to get those antlers. I think the F&G should put some kind of rules in place. The problem is there will still be those same @ss holes doing the same things. then there are the some kind of guys Filming and taking pictures on winter range in the middle of winter. This is just as bad.
Ron

Ya I agree ron.they should try harder to keep guys off the winter ranges.many of the places I go u can't enter until may 1st but there's always the guys that go in early and get away with it.

a little late posting but oh well. i am not a big horn hunter, but i am all for it. there are a lot of people that enjoy this activity and do it responsibly. same thing goes for viewing and filming in the winter range, WHCIH I LOVE TO DO WHEN I HAVE THE TIME. again, people CAN and DO this activity without disturbing critters. i would say most do. i understand your opinion, but you best be careful who you are calling an a$$hole around here. there are lots of people on here that enjoy these activities. there will always be the few that give the majority a black eye. but you need to remember that....its the few. you seem awful quick to cast judgements. do you bird hunt in the late season...chukars, quail, pheasant, etc.? if so, you are most likely treading on, or very close to where animals are wintering. blasting a shotgun all over the country side, blowing your whistle, yelling commands at your dog(s). you have to be careful in those glass houses.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom