Shoot does!!!! (please)

Yes I'm a trophy hunter and I'm not as ashamed of it as you seem to be about wacking fawns. as I said earlier I don't believe in shooting dinks either so don't call me a dink shooter, why can't you eat your tag? up the your dose on your meds and post back.

huntindude
Hey, arent you missed in another forum where somone was posting about constructive debating versus personal attacks like the "ultra conservative" types do? Oh wait, guess that was YOU.
Mt tags dont taste very good, they are made of this "waterproof" paper with some kind of yucky plastic coating. The kids dont like it, so I eat does as opposed to my tag. Hope that makes sense, personal attacks aside, I need to go see doc about "upping my meds"

life IS good (even with the dose I am currently prescribed)

lifeisdoegood!!!

huntindude IS OFFERING SOME ADVICE YOU MIGHT OUGHT TO LISTEN TO!!!

NIETHER ONE OF US EVER SAID WE WERE SHOOTING PISSCUTTERS!!!

WE DAMN SURE DON'T SHOOT DOES!!!

WE ARE UP & OVER 100 POSTS,I SURE AS HELL HOPE YOUR EGO HAS BEEN STROKED???

MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO START YOUR OWN B & C BOOK OF THE DOES & COWS!!!

LENGTH OF EARS,MASS OF THE HEAD,MAYBE SOME BODY WEIGHT!!!

I'D STILL LIKE TO SEE ALL YOU DOESHOOTERS WORLD FAMOUS IN THE MAGAZINES!!!

REMEMBER,YOU ARE THE GREAT WHITE HUNTERS,MANY TIMES KILLING 2 OR 3 DEER WITH ONE SHOT,DAMN I'LL NEVER BE THAT GOOD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PISSCUTTER:SUB TROPHY QUALITY OF THE SPECIES,IF YOU USE THE WORD PISSCUTTER YOU'D BETTER KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR EVERY M.M. MEMBER & EVERY PERSON ON THE WWW WILL BE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF AT YOU!!!

You're the one who jumped on me first so yeah I'll give it back. I've eaten enough tags to learn how to fix them up good it just takes practice. I don't know how I've kept from starving over the winter before now that I know you just HAVE to kill something to survive.

dude- Please refer to where I "jumped on you first" (copy and paste is fine, in chronologcal order of course. After that, you can explain to me that if somone does "jumps on you" why you are justified in name calling and bashing instead of following your own advise about how liberals are such wonderful constructive debaters.

life IS good

BOBCAT- dude and yourself are TRYING to teach me and future generations of hunters that the ONLY thing that matters is growing a few huge bucks regardless of the overall health of the herd. I was taught ONLY to shoot bucks growing up, again, I have grown my OWN brain sense. Somday, maybe others will do the same. (speaking of EGOS)

life IS good (tripple digit good!)

lifeisdoegood!!!

FIRST!!!

LET THEM LIVE!!!

LET THEM GROW!!!

LET THEM RAISE THEIR FAWNS!!!

LET THE BUCKS GROW TO A TROPHY AGE CLASS!!!

SHOOT A TROPHY IF YOU GET THE CHANCE!!!

SHOOTING DOES & PISSCUTTERS AIN'T GONNA PRODUCE TROPHY QUALITY!!!

BE A MAN & EAT THE TAG IF YOU HAVE TO!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PISSCUTTER:SUB TROPHY QUALITY OF THE SPECIES,IF YOU USE THE WORD PISSCUTTER YOU'D BETTER KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR EVERY M.M. MEMBER & EVERY PERSON ON THE WWW WILL BE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF AT YOU!!!

lifeisgood,
You're trying to make a pro doe whacking thread into something personal, why do you need our approval so bad? if I see you wack a fawn and it's legal even if I wanted to do something about it I couldn't so what gives? some of us here aren't going to give you a big thumbs up for fawn wacking so I'll let it go with you if you'll do the same with me, this is going nowhere.

doe-roadhunters.jpg

Eric

BOBCAT, you're "allright". I enjoy your stubborness but your inability to comromise or see that there are sometimes more than one right way to do something gets to alot of people. Good luck "trophy hunting" this fall. You have NOT swayed my opinion on one of the reasons there arent more "trophy" bucks in mule deer populations (in your state and mine). I commend you for trying though.

life IS good

Something we agree on, I too, think thats funny! (as long as its meant to be funny) I have never asked for your approval.
Also, if you really read in to my posts (somwhere around the time where I supposedly jumped on poor defensless dude) you will see that I do shoot female fawns. Bobcat will explain why it is sometimes the lesser of two evils to do so. Is that ok with you? Please say so and I may sleep tonight.

life IS good (doe tenderloin is better, and female fawn the best of all!)

Shoot a doe in March! 2 for the price of 1! Mmmmmmmm.... Deeeeerr feeeetusss!!!! Tender and delicious!
Yes, it was meant to be funny.
Eric

Bobcat,
The reason why I apply for a doe tag is because it takes any pressure off of putting some much desired meat in the freezer so I can focus on the real big boys with my other tags. We have a Provincial baglimit of 3 deer and the province is broken up into 8 different Regions that have Regional baglimits. I can shoot 3 deer in my home Region consisting of 1 muley buck, 1 LEH doe and 1 whitetail buck. If I want to instead kill 3 muley bucks I have to travel to other Regions to do that. I hunt several Regions every year and have been known to kill your definition of a Pisscuter on the last day of my out-of-Region hunt so that I can have even more meat in the freezer. I'm not ashamed to whack a spike or a forky. Meat is meat. Actually would much rather whack a tastey little spiker than a young basket racked 4 point that has a ton of potential. I hold my local Region buck tag for the true monsters that are the true definition of pisscutters. And I'll pass on buck after buck after buck, many that you would piss yourself to see in your Region of Utard. I pass lookin for that one true monster. If it means I go home eating tag soup with my home Region tag, so be it. Sooo, it is very possible to be a meat hunter and a trophy hunter. I consider myself both. It is the hunt that is important to me, what I live for. The longer I have a tag in my pocket, the longer I can hunt.
On a side note, I also hunt other game too. Moose are way more tastey than deer IMHO. If I am fortunate to whack a moose, I probably will chose to let a doe live. I did this last year. Killed a nice young tastey bull moose, and let my doe tag go unfilled. I also passed on more bucks that would cause you to piss yourself, and ate tag soup on my buck tag as well.
http://sdana.photosite.com/DanasHuntingPics/

Great thread! Just think of all the man hours it took to post and then read. AMAZING! I can't believe I read the whole thing.

BCBOY!!!

KINDA WHAT I SAID IN MY PRIOR POST!!!

I CAN SEE YOUR YOUNG KIDS SMACKING A DOE THEIR FIRST YEAR!!!

BUT WITH ALL THE OPPORTUNITY YOU CANNUCKS HAVE I DON'T SEE WHY YOU'D DO IT???

GLAD TO HEAR THE MOOSE SAVED THAT DOE,lifeisgood WOULD OF SMACKED THAT DOE,I KNOW HE WOULD OF!!!

SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T STAND NOT FILLING THEIR TAG!!!

THERE AIN'T BEEN A YEAR I COULDN'T OF FILLED MY BUCK TAG,WHY THE HELL WOULD I SHOOT A DOE???

I'M NOT INTO SHOOTING PISSCUTTERS EITHER BUT IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF SHOOTING DOES & KILLING FAWNS!!!

AND I WOULDN'T PI$$ MYSELF OVER A PISSCUTTER,DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT,YA SEE I MIGHT OF BEEN BORN LATE BUT NOT THAT LATE!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU CANNUCKS LIVED DOWN HERE FOR A MONTH YOU'D CHANGE YOUR TUNE!!!

Zigga Zigga!!!

ITS CALLED LETS STROKE lifeisgoods EGO!!!

HE LOVES IT!!!

EVEN MORE THAN EATING A FAWN!!!

I guess Im just "brutally practical" when it comes to managing a herd that caters to my "wants and needs".

life IS good

lifeisgood!!!

I'M GETTING PRETYY ####ING SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!!

LETS SAY YOU GET UP TO ALASKA ON YOUR MOOSE HUNT!!!

YOU HUNT FOR 3 DAYS & YOU STILL HAVEN'T SEEN ANY BULLS!!!

DAY 4 A NICE COW,GOOD EATING COW THAT IS STEPS OUT & YOU JUST CAN'T HOLD BACK,BANG THE BEACH IS DEAD!!!

REMEMBER,THE HORNS ON THEM BIG BOYS ARE A PAIN IN THE A$$ TO PACK OUT!!!

THM BIG BOYS ARE NOT AS GOOD EATING EITHER!!!

AFTER ALL IT WOULDN'T BOTHER YOU TO BRING A COW HOME NOW WOULD IT???

YOU MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO PUT THE STORY IN THAT MAGAZINE THAT polarbear LISTED!!!

BOBCAT- Youre missing tbe whole point. I hunt for a VARIETY of reasons, not JUST FOR MEAT. I have never implied I hunt JUST FOR MEAT.
In all practicallity, I have already made contacts with tribal elders from a nearby reservation where I will hunt AK moose, that feel blessed to get any clean, fresh moose meat I can offer their tribe (bull or cow) Thats what I will do with the majority of the moose meat if I am lucky enough to harvest one. (remember I can whack those whitetail does close to home that feed my family) and old ruttin bull moose meat can be a fortune to airline back home as extra baggage. (PRACTICAL!!!)
The male game I am in pursuit of, no matter where I have to pack it out from or how much $ I can afford to spend on it, is always "worth it to me" I dont care what you, or anyone else, thinks of the size of male animal I seek. The goals and standards are FOR ME.
Then there is the "meat collecting" and "herd management" that needs to be done. "Playing God?" arent we all?

life IS good (even when BOBCATS ###ing SERIOUS and Im not backing down)

There sure are a few arrogant asses on here. Just because I shoot a doe for the meat doesn't mean I am road hunting and shooting out the window. There are a couple people on here who are pretty close minded and living in there own little worlds. There are places where the deer herds are not shot to sh!t like Utard and shooting does is actually beneficial. Maybe if a few of you would get your head out of your asses you could see the light.

Although I am sure somone will accuse me of playing God again, I would like to say AMEN to that Saskman. Thank you.

life IS good

This is the Mule Deer section so we're supposed to be talking about mule deer. if there's a place where shooting mule deer fawns is beneficial to the herd in the 8 states I've hunted in I haven't seen it yet, so if you know of one you better keep your mouth shut because we all want to hunt there. if you guys are talking whitetail, axis deer or impala take it somewhere else, look at the heading ' MULE DEER" maybe we're not the one's who need to pull our heads out.

COOL IT Saskman!!!

YOU WANT TO SHOOT DOES,GIT-R-DONE!!!

AS I STATED 100 TIMES!!!

IF YOU CANADIANS COULD SEE THE BULL$HIT THAT GOES ON DOWN HERE YOU'D CHANGE YOUR TUNE!!!

BUT SOME OF YOU ARE SO THICK HEADED YOU DON'T THINK ANYTHING WILL EVER CHANGE!!!

YOU'RE VERY WRONG!!!

I DIDN'T SAY I WAS PI$$ED AT Saskman FOR BEING A DOE-SHOOTER NOW DID I???

Where I am from I won't shoot a whitetail doe, I will eat my tag if I don't find a good buck and have eaten my tag for the last two years. The whitetail population is down here and for it to come back we need the does. As for the mule deer on the other hand there are some areas where landowners view them like rats. There are way to many. I never said that if things changed and our population took a nose dive I would keep shooting does. I am smart enough to realize when our deer can handle shooting a few does for meat. As for some of you on here you have stated you would never, under any circumstance, shoot a doe. That is just ego talking and a very narrow minded stance to take.

Saskman

Wow BOBCAT, Did you read that? A different "mini" ecosystem, with a different population makeup of mule deer and whitetails. (Does, fawns and bucks.) Imagine that. The world (or at least Utah) isnt flat after all. Oh, the Humanity!!!

life IS good

Saskman!!!

OUR DEER HERD HAS BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR MANY OF MOONS!!!

FIRST THE BUCKS WERE OVER HUNTED!!!

THEN THE DWR SAYS:THE BUCK TO DOE RATIO IS OUT OF WHACK!!!

I WONDER WTF THAT IS???

SO THEN THEY SLAUGHTER THE DOES!!!

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT IS THE ANSWER???

IF WE HAD MORE PEOPLE THAT THOUGHT LIKE YOU THE HERDS WOULD BE BETTER!!!

BUT I'M TELLING YOU IDIOTS CAN'T MANAGE GAME HERDS!!!

GIVE THEM A GUN & A LICENSE & 90% OF THEM ARE SHOOTING SOMETHING NO MATTER WHAT!!!

TAG SOUP AIN'T SO BAD!!!

I'D RATHER EAT TAG SOUP THAN SHOOT A DOE IN AN AREA WHERE IT MIGHT BE LEAGAL BUT DAMN SURE NOT ETHICAL!!!

AND TO YOU lifeisgood!!!

GOOD LUCK ON THE MOOSE HUNT,I'LL SHIP YOU SOME BLANKS SO YOU CAN SHOOT A COW OR TWO!!!

Bobcat

I have never once said that killing does in Utah is right. From the way it sounds I would not shoot a doe there. On the other hand our herd can handle it. They are thick in some areas and cause alot of damage. In those areas I will eat my buck tag and shoot a doe for meat. Like I said I prefer deer meat to beef. I have never said I would whack a doe no matter what just to shoot something, I am not that stupid or blood thirsty.

Saskman

Saskman!!!

I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T!!!

I'VE NEVER SAID THE HERD WHERE YOU'RE AT COULDN'T TAKE A FEW DOE SHOOTER HUNTS!!!

I'M JUST NOT INTO DOE SHOOTS,PERIOD!!!

SOME PEOPLE ARE,I'M NOT!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT MOTHER NATURE WOULD DO WITHOUT HUMANS AROUND TO KEEP A BALANCE ON EVERYTHING???

I KNOW YOU'RE NOT BLOOD THIRSTY EITHER,BUT YOU OUGHT TO SEE WHAT THESE IDIOTS DOWN HERE WILL DO JUST TO SAY THEY FILLED THEIR FRICKEN TAGS,UN-FRICKEN-BELIEVABLE!!!

Saskman,
If you have a situation where the mule deer are doing that well consider yourself lucky and if shooting does won't hurt anything then whatever. if you want to see what we're talking about down here just get a tag and you'll see, the mule deer herds in the west everywhere except Colorado are pathetic and wacking a fawn even in Colorado wouldn't make me feel like Ranger Rick wildlife manager. with all the problems the mule deer have today shooting breeding does and fawns is nothing short of stupid with MAYBE a few exceptions that I haven't seen. I'm not talking about damage control hunts , even though I want no part in them sometimes it's the only way.

THE END!!!

THANKS polarbear!!!

My only nephew has been "cursed" (if you want to call it that) with DS. Dont think Ill run him through this thread. Blessed to be healthy.

life IS good

Been out with some friends on their anniversary, I missed a lot but I read them all. Saskman and lifisgood- THEY dont understand our reasonablility on this issue. They think Utah is the only thing involved in this conversation. There are other areas in other patrts of the state as well as other states period. We're not just talking about Utah!! Saskman has mentioned it, lifeisgood has mentioned it and I have mentioned it. Get over the fact that we're only talking about your area!! I've been gone for 3 hours and We've had 30 posts baxically saying the same thing over and over! GUYS- if an area can support a few does out of the herd- whats wrong with that? Whoever said that the F & G might be wrong about making the tags either sex may be correct but as far as we know- there are plenty of deer in that area or the F & G wouldnt make them either sex tags. Am I right ? So you've got a problem with F & G on how they run things. Rag on them- not us. I like to eat venison and would rather shoot a doe than a little buck!!

huntindude- I now see that it was you who mentioned the F&G may be not being on the up and up about the doe or either sex tags and you may be right that they want more money. Who knows. We have to go by what THEIR research is. Obviously if a hunter doesnt see enough does in one area to take one out of the herd then good for him. However if he sees 20 does to every 5 bucks- what do you think he's entitled to do? Yep- cut that ratio down and help out the herd! I'm sure you wouldnt have a problem with that because that doe that is now out of the herd can't eat the forage that the BIG buck needs to survive through the winter. I don't like to argue but its healthy for both sides! You and FAGCAT learn something from us and we learn something from you. Just kidding BOBCAT. Its been a while!!

WisTard!!!

5 BUCKS PER 20 DOES HUH???

YOU THINK THATS BAD???

WTF???

WE HAVE UNITS THAT ARE DOWN TO 5 BUCKS PER 100 DOES & YOU JOKERS ARE SAYING SHOOT THE DOES!!!

THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE A MILLION DOES RUNNING AROUND EITHER!!!

DO THE MATH BEFORE ENGAGING MOUTH!!!

YA,SHOOT ANY CHANCE OUT WE HAVE OF NEW OFFSPRING,WTF ARE YOU THINKING???

THIS AIN'T DINK DOG DEER COUNTRY!!!

WE'VE GOT JACK RABBITS BIGGER THAN YOUR DEER!!!

ONE MORE THING!!!

IF YOU THINK I'M STAYING UP TILL MIDNIGHT LIKE WE DID LAST NIGHT YOU'RE UP IN THE FRICKEN NIGHT!!!

I'LL LET ALL YOU THICK HEADED DOE SHOOTIN FOOLS ARGUE IT OUT,I'M TIRED OF YOUR BULL$HIT!!!

Good night John Boy, good night Mary Ellen, good night BOBCAT.

life IS good (when everyone else has gone to bed and the house is quiet)

BOBCAT- I dont want to stay up until midnight either. As far as the 5 bucks to 20 doe ratio- I had quite a few drinks last night so I can understand where you're coming from. I didn't do the math before I wrote that!! That was the Saporro talking! Never-the-less, if the buck to doe ratio is way out of whack then its okay to shoot a doe. I will not waiver on that no matter how many capital letters you type out! It sounds like you deer numbers are down and that sucks. Its not like that everywhere though. I saw a show on The Outdoor Channell today and they had a Junior doe hunt and they had like 30 kids out on this one ranch and they all had doe tags. How do you feel about that? Obviously they can spare a few does? If we have to finish this tomorrow its fine with me.

Now that was funny! I thought it was Vodka that "puts your mouth in gear." Good night Wiszard

life IS good (even when your terrible at math AND spelling)

I think we need to kill more does because maybe then the deer herds will come back (not). Somebody needs to give the G&F department a wake up call. Maybe we can Kill all the does and then there will be nothing to hunt. Hell, lets just kill everything in sight. I think Sportsman need to go to all these G&F meetings to voice there opinions, so the G&F can do exactly opposite of what they say. They say that they really care about Sportsmans input, but frankly I don't think they really give a sh!t. We need to pay them more money, so they can manage the herds until there is nothing. If you think that killing does is the answer and that it is manly then you are one clueless bugger.

Im gonnna get me a big ole 8 1/2 year fat doe . That live on the extended . Ive seen some old ass looking does up there . Dien of old age .

GOOD MORNING BOYS!!!

lifeisgood!!!

DID YOU READ WHAT 40incher SAID???

NOT 40incher BUT I THINK A BUNCH OF YOU TALK BIG WHEN YOU GET TO DRINKING EVERY DAMN NIGHT OF THE WEEK!!!

I COULD OF WHACKED SEVERAL DOES YESTERDAY!!!

DID I DO IT???

HELL NO!!!

WAKE UP,WAKE UP!!!

Yes, I heard what he said, like you, rattling on senslesly about everything that is wrong in the world and not knowing how to make a directed effort to change it. Drink? The first booze I have bought since new years was the bottle of Yukon for Alaska.
40incher, when you have a few hours to burn read through my "doe" post, and maybe, just maybe youll see that Im doin what I can to grow a 40" buck. I have always had great luck (for the most part, not always) with approaching game departments about a certain issue of concern.
I am aware that in MOST AREAS shooting does may not be beneficial to the overall health of the herd, but you know as well as I ALOT OF HUNTERS WILL NOT EAT THEIR TAG, and WILL NOT LET BUCKY JR GROW UP to be a 40", and und everyone here seems quick to assume the makeup of their local herd (BOBCATS YARD) is identical to the makeup of every mule deer population in the states.
BOBCAT- If you have a local websight that you can cry about your local deer herds and your dissapointment with local management I reccomend you do so but dont tell me and others what is best for the populations in our area.

life IS good (sober)
Even I am tired of this post now too.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! You guys still going round and round about the same old crap? This post should have been done a looooooong time ago. Talking about beating a dead horse!!!!
Eric

What happens, polarbear, is that someone only reads the last post or two and they have no clue as to whats already been said. I think we've said everything that needs to be said. 40"er- we say that taking a doe instead of a tweak buck is better, if legal. That is if the herd can afford the lack of does. We understand there are areas where this is not a good thing but there are areas where there are a lot of does. Its not a manly thing in the least.

This issue is second only to hunting lions, here in CA. If you want to grow big bucks, control the draw on 3pt or better, hunt does and wipe out the lions, period!

Stop Global Whining

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-06 AT 05:42PM (MST)[p]Well hell maybe we should just be able to get a doe tag along with our buck, just like the elk for a small fee. I'll tell you what, killing does will wipe out the herds. I went to a G&F meeting a few years ago and they talked about the Elk herd on fishlake. The G&f were wondering where 1200 head of Elk went on the unit. Well Hello, they killed them all because they gave out the extra cow tags and wiped out the herd. They have a bunch of i!iots running things. Do you guys really think they know how to do there studies and count the herds in the off season. Do you think running around in a helicopter counting herds really gives them an accurate reading on the number of animals. I really dont think so. I think they need to go to 4point or better so little Bambi can grow. Also they need to get rid of Predators.

40incher!!!

DOE SHOOTERS ARE PREDATORS,RIGHT???

THE ONLY bobcat WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PISSCUTTER:SUB TROPHY QUALITY OF THE SPECIES,IF YOU USE THE WORD PISSCUTTER YOU'D BETTER KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR EVERY M.M. MEMBER & EVERY PERSON ON THE WWW WILL BE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF AT YOU,ALL YOU DOE-SHOOTERS CAN KISS MY TAIL ALSO,YOU MUST BE A GREAT WHITE HUNTER WHEN YOU BRAGG YOU SHOOT DOES,HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL WHEN YOU KILL 2 OR 3 DEER WITH ONE SHOT,FRICKEN FAWN KILLERS,THAT AIN'T A HUNT THATS A SHOOT!!!

40incher,
Noboby here wants to hear logic and you're out numbered, tell them fawn wacking is a "he man" sport and they'll leave you alone.

I've been on this thread from the beginning and not once has anyone mentioned shooting fawns except huntindude(you), BOBCAT and, I think, polarbear. Nobody supporting shooting does, IF THE HERD CAN SUPPORT IT, has ever said they would take a fawn. I don't think anyone in their right mind would shoot a doe if she had fawns with her!! Is got nothing to do with being a man or any less of a man.

Wiszard,
I knew I souldn't have posted again on this thread and I'm sorry. around here we call it doe&fawn season because it is, and many doe hunters shoot fawns maybe you dont and thats good. a case in point I let a guy go on my property a few years ago because he and his boy had fawn tags and they're a sad story family. what do they do? the dad wacks a doe and then they set the boy up knowing the fawn wouldn't go far, sure enough they got the fawn too, what a great hunt to remember. when he told me of their great strategy I about puked and told him never again, I don't care how many ( and there aren't many ) does are in my hay shed there wont be any more fawn hunting om me, yes they do shoot fawns Timmy.

That is unfortunate. What kind of a Dad thinks thats an okay way to hunt. I don't blame you for thinking the way you do when you've had a run in like that but....they're not all like that! Anyway, not everyone is going to think the same and that is okay... as long as there's no bloodshed on the computer screen, we'll survive.

dude, you knew you shouldnt have posted again? But you did. I still like healthy herds, you could still give a crap what the overall makeup of the herd is as long as humans dont shoot female mule deer. THATS UNDERSTOOD.
So was "timmys" fawn better in their the family freezer of to fend for itself that winter? Your just a big softee. Fawns are good to eat as well and it occasionally makes since to harvest a fawn instead of the adult doe if you have a chance to.
So you dont care how many does there are, there will be no more shooting them. That pretty much sums it up. In your opinion management means nothing, your ego means everything.
Say, Im still waitin on those pics of your "book trophies" any time now would be great.

life IS good (even when youre tired of your own thread)

No one wants to hear logic? Im glad you finally realized that. Im (or we) are outnumbered? Not sure what your point is there. Dosent bother me a bit as if you havent realized by now, Im not wrong. (the majority, including you is) Then again, I guess I havent counted the yas and nays, seems like you and BOBCAT did what you could to vote more than once.
My father tught me never to shoot does, but more importantly he taught me to stand up for what is right. Its better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who youre not)

life IS good (especially as the captain of MY OWN ship)

Vote count is done (I actually wasnt outnumbered after all)

18 FOR SHOOTING DOES
08 AGAINST SHOOTING DOES

You can do a quick recount of this post if you wish, dude, I may be off a little but not by much. Like I said THE MAJORITY IS ALWAYS CORRECT, (I know I didnt really say that, but the majority IS RIGHT this time.)
Gosh, I hope you dont score your "trophies" the same way you count "votes" No wonder they make that "book"

life IS good (and your ship has sunk)

Thats all.

lifeisgood!!!

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU SEEN THE THREAD OR NOT???

BUT I ENTERED YOU IN THE BIGGEST DOE CONTEST!!!

I TOLD THEM YOU WERE A PRO AT IT!!!

YOU'LL BE RECEIVING YOUR PRIZES SOON!!!

BY THE WAY!!!

THERE ARE COW MOOSE IN ALASKA!!!

SINCE THEY DON'T HUNT THEM,THEY PROBABLY NEED THINNED OUT A BIT!!!

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO "NOT SHOOT THE BULL" ON YOUR HUNT???

REMEMBER,YOU'D BE DOING THE WORLD A FAVOR!!!

YOU'D BE WORLD RENOWN!!!

OOPS,MAYBE YOU ALREADY ARE???

MANAGEMENT BY lifeisgood & BACKED BY WisTard!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WITH THE TRUE MEANING OF PISSCUTTER:SUB TROPHY QUALITY OF THE SPECIES,IF YOU USE THE WORD PISSCUTTER YOU'D BETTER KNOW WHAT IT MEANS OR EVERY M.M. MEMBER & EVERY PERSON ON THE WWW WILL BE LAUGHING THEIR ASSES OFF AT YOU,ALL YOU DOE-SHOOTERS CAN KISS MY TAIL ALSO,YOU MUST BE A GREAT WHITE HUNTER WHEN YOU BRAGG YOU SHOOT DOES,HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL WHEN YOU KILL 2 OR 3 DEER WITH ONE SHOT,FRICKEN FAWN KILLERS,THAT AIN'T A HUNT THATS A SHOOT!!!

Cow moose are illegal for me to shoot in AK (where I am going), sorry to dissapoint ya.
Im looking forward to the doe contest, Ive never won a prize. havent read the rules yet, but, boy am I excited!
I am a selective hunter and so are you BOBCAT, we just select different things to harvest. Why am I playing God anymore than you?

life IS good

Hey lifeisgood,
all this boils down to is that the G&F suck S!it. You probably wouldn't be harvesting any does if it wasn't because of them.

Not sure where you are from, but remember the Game Departments have more people to answer to than just "trophy hunters" I surely dont agree with alot of decisions our local departments make, but I have been able to change (YES CONSTRUCTIVLY ORGANIzE TO CHANGE A DECISION THEY HAVE MADE) their minds on more than one occasion. The still is, and always will be, hunts they have that I dont agree with.
I have to remember I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THEY (F&G) ARE TRYING TO PLEASE. Trophy hunters, or even ANY hunters in general are just a portion of the people they try to make happy. When I get REALLY frustrated, I try to put myself in their shoes. ARE THEY ALL "GOOD PEOPLE"? In my opinion, no. ARE THEY ALL BAD? I really dont think so.
Hint (constant, consistent and "annoying" light prodding is the best way to pursuade your local department.) Dont loose your temper, and dont give up.

life IS good

Also, I dont harvest does JUST because of the F&G. There are many areas I have hunted where does are LEGAL to shoot and I WILL NOT SHOOT ONE.

life IS good (and Im definately not in it for the killin, thats the smallest part to me)

I think if we really have to kill does, then they need to let the young hunters get the opportunity to do it. This is a good way to get the youth more involved, so we can keep the hunting heritage going. That's if there is still any deer left in the future.

Youth hunts are great. MT has had alot more youth opportunities recently. Im all for them and reccomend them quite often, as there are alot of areas here that are "ideal" for getting the young ones excited about this pastime we cherish.

life IS good

lifeisgood!!!

JUST FIGURED I'D CLUE YOU IN A LITTLE!!!

IF YOU EVER COME MULE DEER HUNTING HERE IN UTARD!!!

YOU'LL HAVE TO BRING YOUR STICK FLIPPER OR APPLY FOR A LATE DOE HUNT!!!

SHOOTING DOES DURING RIFLE OR MUZZ HUNTS IS OUTLAWED & SHOULD BE!!!

OUR GAME HERDS ARE RUN AROUND THE CLOCK FROM MID-AUGUST THRU JANUARY,I'VE EVEN SEEN COW HUNTS EXTENDED INTO FEBUARY,THE THOUGHT OF GUTTING A COW ELK IN JANUARY OR FEBUARY MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!!

If the muley population is as bad as you say it is in Utah (and it very well may be) I think Ill just stay out. Hope that dosent break your heart BOBCAT.

life IS good

Okay I gotta respond. You guys crack me up. Bunch of preachers on soap boxes bashing each others' beliefs. lol

If your deer herd couldn't handle a few any deer youth hunts, maybe noone should be hunting any deer for a year or two. In my area we still have more deer winter killed than killed by hunters. Those who have actually gone out on the winter range for mortality counts will substantiate that G&F is on the up and up on the biggest problem we face.

Our hunting heritage was founded on sustinence hunting not trophy hunting. Nothing wrong with seeking and holding out for the animal of a lifetime, but there is also nothing wrong with legally putting meat in the freezer. If the real problem is the general viability of the herd, it is a management problem. I've not been impressed that the arm chair biologist necessarily really do know more than the G&F folks, though concede that sometimes they may and G&F would do well to listen more to those who spend considerable time in the field.

I can only form an opinion on this area, but beleive decreasing or increasing tags will do little to affect the overall mortality in this area because the wintering conditions are still the primary problem. Forage is poor at best and development is taking chunks out of what good ground there is. Hundreds of deer will die between now and next spring in this area. They will die by arrows, bullets, by auto collisions, by predators, and by the harshness of winter. A few of those would not make it through the winter would be better served in someone's freezer.

When the kids and I go antelope hunting in a couple of weeks, they will take what ever animal they are satisfied to take. If a buck is available they will probably take it, but also indicate that they will be glad for does. To them them it is all about the enjoyment of hunting as a family, the time in beautiful country and the privilage of contributing by helping put meat on the table. Sorry guys, you'll never convince me any of you are any better hunters than they are. You might be more skillful and you might get bigger animals, but maybe some of these kids are more in touch with the big picture of hunting than some of you old hands.

The original post wasn't that everyone should kills does, everywhere, when ever possible. It was to the effect: If legal, and you are hunting for meat, why not a doe instead of a small buck? If your deer herd won't support it, don't do it. The blanket position that doe shooting is bad is pure ignorance. In some areas (not mine!) your going to have alot of winter and/or disease killed deer if you don't kill some does off to keep the herd to a reasonable size. We don't all live in Utah, we don't all live in Wyoming, we don't all live in Idaho, and circumstances are unique to different areas.

mmwb- Where were you 174 posts ago??!! Well said and I, as well as, I hope, the majority of readers on this hunting site have the same insight on deer populations as you do. You nailed it.

Man, Shoot them or don't. My time on MM is limited these days as I am building a new home. It doesn't take much to get Bess riled up, does it? I'll kill does as long as FWP in Montana lets me. If in other states it is a problem with management as you see it, sorry. BUT, I like deer in the freezer and I only bought 3 tags for does this year. Luckily I have a doe/fawn antelope tag. Of course I have a buck tag for the same area. Then for the last 3 weeks of elk season I can take a cow with my bull tag. HATS OFF, so to speak. Guys that don't shoot does or cows maybe don't like *****. mtmuley

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

WE DON'T LIKE PUSSIES THAT SHOOT DOES!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom