Show Down in Pa

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-13 AT 09:41AM (MST)[p]In case those reading this don't know, the outfit that runs that huge show in PA is Brit owned---nuff said!!! I hope so many pull out that the event is cancelled.

Im impressed to see many of the company's I support have pulled out. I will continue to buy their products. Britt owned yeah that says it all!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-13 AT 11:55AM (MST)[p]I looked over the list of outfits that pulled out and was pleased to see something I have not seen very much in the past.

You would expect to see gun makers pulling out like Ruger and S&W did, but to see archery comapnies, game call companies and many outfitters pulling out is showing a banding together that we have not had in a long time.

A good example is Turnbull Restorations pulling out. The banning of assault weapons being sold would not effect that company at all. They are noted for their restorations of older firearms, mainly lever actions, but they pulled out in supporting the vendors that sell so called assault weapons and magazines.

RELH

That list was huge. What other events does this company manage? Unless they change I do not see how they can survive... I am certain they have had plenty of success with the big expo shows, and someone will step in to fill the need. That new group will surely realize what a mistake the Brit owned company made.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-13 AT 12:13PM (MST)[p]The NRA has a new show on the Sportsmens channell it is a live talk show and I was watching it yesterday. They were saying the show (Sportsmans show in PA) is put on by a company called Reed...something, they are fron the UK and manage about 500 shows. The guy on TV was saying Reed will not change their stance on ...no black rifles.... and that Reed doesn't care what happens to the show.

I am sure glad to see all these people standing together....we just might not go down without a fight. Hell Yea !!

Support these companies all you can!

-Spend money with them, those that boycotted
-Get aggresive in social media concerning your support.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-13 AT 01:16PM (MST)[p]"I beleive REED Expositions also runs the SHOT show in Vegas, wonder if they will be in 2014?"

Yep, they did, but I'll bet they're done there after this big fiasco!!! Who needs the Brits anyway when they are so screwed up on this subject!

If this is a hunting Expo there is no reason they shouldn't get a 100% drop out.........I think we need a list of the vendors not dropping out.

There's a few companies I do business with that ARE NOT on the list and I will let them know how I feel about it and will urge them to put themselves on the list!

I hope this destroys Reed Expositions. They have to be loosing money big time over this and hopefully it will continue on other shows they sponsor. I agree it is good to see not just firearms manufacturers involved in this but many companies that are involved in the outdoor and hunting industry.

Well money was paid and no services rendered. Bring in the lawyers and see if you can sink Reed for good.

National Shooting Sports Foundation Statement on the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

We have just learned that Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

In the days following Reed Exhibitions' announcement that modern sporting rifles would be prohibited from the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, the leadership of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has been in intense, frank discussions with Reed Exhibitions management in an effort to reverse this unacceptable decision. These discussions reached an impasse.

NSSF is in no way affiliated with, nor does it participate in or exhibit at this show in any way. Reed Exhibitions does, however, manage the NSSF-owned SHOT Show (though Reed manages the SHOT Show, all SHOT Show decisions, policies and actions are made at NSSF's direction).

Because of Reed's recent actions, NSSF is considering all options regarding the management of future SHOT Shows.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom