Sight In Question

brdhuntr

If i'm sighted in at 300 yds. with my 300 Win. shooting a 200 gr. Nosler Partion, how high am i at 100 and 200 yds.Thanks for any help.

Checked with my buddy that re-loads this round, and a 200 gr. Nosler Partition loaded with 72.5 grs. of Reloader 22 at 2960 f.p.s. is -11.99 @100,-7.0 @200,+ @300,-8.3 @400 and -17.7 @500. According to the Nosler handloading book.

>Checked with my buddy that re-loads
>this round, and a 200
>gr. Nosler Partition loaded with
>72.5 grs. of Reloader 22
>at 2960 f.p.s. is -11.99
>@100,-7.0 @200,+ @300,-8.3 @400 and
>-17.7 @500. According to the
>Nosler handloading book.

I dont know where your buddy is getting those numbers from but those 100 and 200 yard numbers seem way off. Go shoot it at 100,200,300 and find out.

Those numbers seem way off because they are in fact way off and not correct.

RELH

According to the book Shoot Better II by Charles W Matthews if you are zeroed at 300 yards you would be 4 in. High at 100 and 4.7 in at 200. My reloading friends laugh at me for using this old book, but it works for me.
JD

Looks like Ca Hunter and Jd Elk have the same figures,and my friend got his info. out of the Nosler book which is way different.I will go out and re-sight, thanks for all of the input.

Go to the web site Handloads.com ballistic calculator
and you can program your load in and get get the figures you need. You will need to know your velocity and bullet cof. and they have a program to figure that out depending on the style of bullet you are using.

RELH

Reddog, No! They wait until the last minute before a hunt and try to take the easy way out. Even with the ballistic program it is only general information and should be confirmed by actual range time.
I have seen questions asked on here that I will not even bother to answer a lot of times. I have also seen information given out that is so wrong that you think the arm chair expert giving it is the kid behind the gun counter that is repeating something he heard and does not know if it is fact or fiction.

RELH

Thanks for wasting everyone's time, just another stupid question, that you should have been able to figure out on your own.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom