Sighting in trouble

W

wyobaldy10

I recently picked my bow up from the shop and had it tuned and a new cable put on it. When I left the dealer he said you would have to resight it because new cable and re tied my rip cord back on. So when I got home to shoot, I was shooting left about 2" at 20 yards, I went to move sights left (spot Hogg 5 pin) and I am maxed out to the left. How do I get it back to center? Move my rip cord rest a little? Or will that make my arrows back end start coming out almost side ways?

Are you getting fletching contact on your rest? It sounds like it's either that, not properly tuned, or the arrows aren't spined correctly for your setup.

I got the rip cord rest and I shoot odd fletching up which kind of helps and I shoot 340 easton axis carbon infused arrows with 29 " draw Mathews drenaline with 100 gran Magnus stinger ss 2 blade broadheads so I'm lost, the bow shop guy here didn't help much

I would do some walk back tuning to verify that your centershot its lined up.

Then you could do some modified french tuning to get it setup.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

sounds like a tuning problem or even your death griping (torque) what does your arrow flight look like be ware id start make sure your punching bullet holes !

You can use powder foot spray on your rest and riser to see if the vanes are hitting. If the rest is hitting the shelf that could be letting it bounce back up before the internal brake catches. I've had that happen before. Are you able to get a bullet hole when you paper tune?

How many pounds are you pulling? The 340 arrows should be fine from 62# up to over 70#.

My bow is set at 70# and I'm not death gripping it I barely got my fingers wrapped around the grip and I haven't paper tuned it yet, I'm going to do that tonight when I get off work. I havent shot past 20 yards yet cause I'm afraid it will be worse and don't want to break arrows but it's only about 2" left. I'm trying to sight it in where my pin housing is close to center for left and right , last year I had my pins all different and were not on center of the wire on my spot hogs

> last year
>I had my pins all
>different and were not on
>center of the wire on
>my spot hogs

That's definitely a problem of some kind. You should hit exactly the same left to right at 20 yards that you do at 50 yards.

So your saying your sight is maxed out to the left? does your sight have the extra spacers on it and have you put them in to get more left. just from my experience ive nevver had a spott hogg not go far enough left they have a ton of ajustments. Dont move your rest the problem is in your sight if you need any help Pm me ill do wht i can to help you out.

Yeah that's what I figured my 40-50 was actually off the center wire to the right a notch or two! And I don't have the spacers and yes I cranked my entire housin to the left, all I can do is either move right and up and down and well of course individual pins but we all know that we don't want to do that

You need to shoot from farther back and see if your arrows are the same amount off at all distances. If your rest is not aligned properly, you may have everything off to one side.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

I would call spot hogg they are easy to deal with and get the spacers for your sight or make your own what sight modle do you have ?

No it's still the same well I hope, I had my wife video tape and it's same spot and consistent

You're having fletching contact somewhere or he didn't set your rest right. But I'll throw this out there because dumber thinga have happened. How far did the guy tear your bow down? He may have the cables on wrong if it's a brand he doesn't sell which could cause torque. Sometimes they're talking on the phone when putting them back together and get things discombobulated.

These guys have given great ideas for solutions. Mine requires no modifications. Kentucky windage.
Ok stick with the other ideas. ;-)

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-12 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]I don't know what bow you have but it sounds like the string where it splits and conects to limb is twisted to tight on left side. Count twists on left and then right. Take it back to shop

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom