Sitka 90% Pants

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
How does it do with water/rain? Keep you dry? I know it has the DWR finish, but was hoping I could get confirmation from a couple people that have the pants. Thanks.

Don't have the pants but I have the 90% jacket and it's the same. not warm,not wind resistant and not waterproof, but comfortable.

I used to like Sitka but I'm buying all Kuiu anymore. better products at the same or lower prices .

Stay thirsty my friends

I agree with 440 , I have the 90% jacket and it sucks 90% of the time . In nice weather it works fine , but so does a 40$ jacket from any sporting goods store .

I have both & have hunted in cool hot & cold weather as well as rain in a drizzle & in flat out pissing rain squalls. u will get wet they have a waterproofing on them they do dry & keep ya warm that has not been an issue . I myself will not buy Sitka gear any more !! Over priced !!! & KUIUs Guide pants are the exact same type of pants only better material & 1/2 the price !!! I have KUIU merino shirts that have been all I have worn since Sept of last year Awesome gear !! I have Sitka base layers & the KUIU is hands down 100 % better just my 2 cents !! Oh KUIU also has several different pant & Jacket styles that u can wear in the field & are water proof !!!

If you are looking for rain pants, I wonder why you are looking at the 90% pant.

Dew point or Cloudburst are more what you are looking for.

My favorite pants from Sitka are the Mountain pant, and the Timberline pant.
Its a knee pad thing.

I have other pants from Sitka, without the kneepad, but love the knee pad pants.

Your post kind of got high jacked by the KUIU band.
I like KUIU.
My favorite pant from them is actually the Tiburon.
Best warm weather pant I have ever put on.

The Chugach and Yukon pants are both good options for waterproof rain pants.
I definitely would not want to rely on my Guide pants or Tiburons for rain gear though.

Things I LOVE about Sitka pants are the tack strip in the waist band, knee pads, and durability.

Things I love about KUIU pants are the price, the un hemmed legs, and the weight.

But, I assume that since you asked specifically about Sitka, you have a Camo preference as well.
I prefer a range of camo options, but if I had to choose one, it would be the Optifade open country.

You might find that the 90% pant works for you, but you might have to carry some light weight rain gear for the heavy down pours.
Or, Save up a bit longer and go full waterproof.

I don't care what brand you like, getting wet SUCKS. Its Even worse on a hunt when you are on a timeline. I would not want to get stuck out in the rain without anything but 100% waterproof gear.

But, thats just my opinion.
Knee pads man! Knee pads.

If Sitka made the Timberline pant fully waterproof, (currently only the knees and butt are waterproof material) I would sell everything but the Tiburons and stock up on Timberlines.

72logo.jpg

I have Sitka 90% and Timberline pants.
Now I only use Timberline pants religiously for the breath-ability , mobility, knee pads, and butt water proof thing.
I also carry their rain jacket and pants in my backpack. The rain gear is needed as 90% and Timberline definitely get wet and it is BAD when it rains.
Just my 2 cents.

I also have Timberline pants and love them, but they are not waterproof. If you can afford any of the various Goretex waterproof Sitka models, great, I think they are quite durable and still light. I carry, the cabela's spacerain gear as both top and bottom combined are under 16oz and frankly it rarely raings hard here in Idaho. I would not want to use these excusivivly as they wouldn't last through too many thick brush encounters, but have lasted 8 years in idaho as I sooo rarely need them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom