Sitting on your trophy pics

bigbull1

Very Active Member
Does it bother anybody else to see trophy pics with the hunter sitting on the animal like it was a rodeo horse that expired?

To me it shows a lack of respect to the animal.

Ed
48208ace2b700d1d.jpg

I'm also not a fan of that type of "pose", nor do i really like the weapon in the picture.

Working for an outfitter, i have learned to take what WE call "proffesional" photo's, or "brochure" photo's.
These type of pictures have the animals legs tucked under neath, all the blood cleaned and washed away as possible, bullet holes plugged, glass eyes put in, grass and vegatation cleared out from in front on the animal, ect; ect.
It takes a bit of time to do, but well worth the effort.

But in my personal hunting photo album, i'm not as anal about it.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I do not take any of those pictures personally, however I have some of my Dad and Uncle when they were young... This was in an era when a heavy 26" 4 pt. was common and OTC tags were frugal. Now It is much harder hunting and times have changed. I look at those photos and it shows how different hunting used to be, FUN. Now everyone is pissed off out in the woods and has a chip on their shoulder. Those older type photos show the Basics of what it all used to be about.
Friendship, Family, and the Hunt.

That's what it's still about to me, even if I'm hunting alone it's about having fun and enjoying the outdoors. I try to always take magazine quality pics, but I do it because they just look the best and they also show respect to the animal. Scott

Who is that Unethical Bastage?!??! He's probably a Poatcher and eats his Buggers. I'm sure he doesn't post here at MonsterMulies. EVERYONE that posts here is Holier then thou...

That guy probably puts Surgical gloves on his head... I mean really..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!!

Sucit long.... Sykit hard :) :)

-Moosie

People, they thin' I don't know a Buttload of Crap About the Gosple, but I do. (Nacho Libre)

Moosie, where ya been, brow must have told he was going to make an example out of ya, so ya chimed in!! Lol

This pix of you is still a classic!
Even though it's everything wrong, the smile and all the good friends and help ya had make it all right! :)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

YAh,,,, I have serveral Spies over here. I usually get 3 messages when somethnig funny happens ;)

I sold my portion of my engineering firm and got into the Mortgage business. Doing home loans, refinancing, etc. Likeing it alot, but it takes a little more time.

I do have enough tim to slip out to Africa next month. Will be back with pictures after that trip.

-Moosie

People, they thin' I don't know a Buttload of Crap About the Gosple, but I do. (Nacho Libre)

Getting into mortgages NOW? Isn't that scary....it is in Utah!

Anyway, my buddy just got back from Africa, slammed a beautiful kudu and a few other critters, good luck, have fun and be safe brotha!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

It's obvious some pictures are better than others. Not only do the "cleaned" up pictures look good, but they can make the deer/antlers look bigger than they really are. They can make magazine covers and are suitable for framing.

That being true, two of my favorite family photos are of my 4 & 1/2-year old son on the buck he "helped" me get last fall. It's a head-on photo and my son is sitting on the back of the neck holding the antlers with his arms stretched wide. It's a great photo!

The other is of my son-in-law when he got his first 4x4 buck (had taken one 2-point). He knew nothing of hunting when he started and had hiked a LOT of elevation and taken flak for misses over a 5 year period. It was bad enough to have had his father-in-law beat him, but so had his mother-in-law. The picture of him "riding the deer" and waving his hat in the air like a bronc rider depicts frustration and success all at the same time.

My point......only that photos are for memories and memories should be happy and pleasant, whatever the artistic make-up.

I think that other pic was photoshopped...here is the real pic..

4820c13d18460782.jpg

But this one was not photoshopped..it is his natural condition...playing with himself.
4820c1901a15097c.jpg

Oh no, there goes all the expensive therapy sessions i had to go through after seeing this picture last fall!! Lol

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Take the best photos that are possible and LOTS OF THEM!
The moment fades so quickly and will only be a memory in the blink of an eye.
I don't mind weapons in photos especiallly archery gear.
HH

>Getting into mortgages NOW? Isn't that
>scary....it is in Utah!
>
>Anyway, my buddy just got back
>from Africa, slammed a beautiful
>kudu and a few other
>critters, good luck, have fun
>and be safe brotha!!
>

Thats not all he plans on slamming :) You gonna get some dark meat moosie? :)

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)
(re, re, re, re) 'spect
When you come home (re, re, re ,re)
Or you might walk in (respect, just a little bit)
And find out I'm gone (just a little bit)
I got to have (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)

-Moosie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom