Skunked in 2012

C

canyonman

Hello all,
I've only posted a few times here at MM, I usually just read all the other posts. But today I want to tell everyone that I got SKUNKED! The 2012 season did not turn out like I dreamed it would.
I hunted the fourth season in unit 18 and came up empty. I saw a few good 180 class bucks but could never get close enough for a shot. I passed up some smaller bucks and I saw a fair amount of deer. So I guess it was a good season. Don?t get me wrong I really enjoyed myself, I was just hoping this year might be the year of at least a decent buck on the wall. Oh well, I guess that's why they call it hunting.
So I want o hear from all you hunters that got skunked in 2012. Did you hunt hard? Did you give it your best? Let me know if you were disappointed with the 2012 season. We see so many success stories on MM, how about a shout out from everybody that wasn?t successful.

2012 was a crap year for me too. I hunted or helped others hunt every single colorado season and did not do well at all. We ended up only taking one archery buck and a 4th season raghorn bull. I hit a cow 1st season but was unable to recover her after a valliant effort. Same with a friends 2nd season bull that 2 hunters bumped out of his bed after he was shot.

Nothing seemed to work out. Seems like everytime we would get on to them some jackhole would ruin it for us. I've hunted the same area for ten years and have never seen so many people. Usually there's 2 or 3 people that hunt my archery spot not 50.

The only thing you can do is keep at it and hope for the best in the coming year. Good luck to all and Happy New Years!!

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I hunted unit 30 second season for deer. After 8 days of hunting I never even seen a 150 inch buck. I hunted hard with my uncle who has knowledge of the area, he actually lives in 30. I knew the second season would be tough, but thought I might glimpse a big deer. I can say I hunted the book cliffs. That is hunting.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-13
>AT 04:33?PM (MST)

>
>skunked here too. Just like born2hunt
>it was everybody elses fualt.
>i'm tired of having to
>deal with others on my
>public land. if they only
>knew how to hunt as
>good as me. most of
>them non residents too.
>
>I hit two nice bulls but
>didnt recover them, not my
>fault of course, someone screwed
>me up on both of
>them.

Lol. Funny.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-13
>AT 04:33?PM (MST)

>
>skunked here too. Just like born2hunt
>it was everybody elses fualt.
>i'm tired of having to
>deal with others on my
>public land. if they only
>knew how to hunt as
>good as me. most of
>them non residents too.
>
>I hit two nice bulls but
>didnt recover them, not my
>fault of course, someone screwed
>me up on both of
>them.

You just struck a memory. I did actually have a pretty good season if you count the animals I hit (5 all together). They werent big enough to tag so I just kept on blazing away. Kinda sucks though never did smoke one that was big enough. Oh well just that much more practice for next year...

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Weren't you the same person who said the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society was committing felony fraud by rigging the results of the statewide Bighorn raffle tag? And that only past board members were winning the tag? I don't know how old you are but you sound typical of todays younger generation. It's everybody else's fault, now give me something free!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-13 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]WOW! Your ability to comprehend what you read astounds me! I believe I said it seemed fishy that the president had been drawn in the sheep raffle TWICE! I said nothing about "felony fraud" or past "board members". Besides wasn't that like 4 years ago???You need your head checked!

"I don't know how old you are but you sound typical of todays younger generation. It's everybody else's fault, now give me something free!"

So where exactly in my previous posts did I say I wanted something for free or handed to me???? I work hard for what I've got and hunt even harder for the animals I've taken.

Your right on one thing though, I have no one to blame for my poor season but myself, I should've tried harder! Good day sir!

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom