Slick Tricks

BigPig

Very Active Member
Few questions for those who have actually shot them...

Do they really group EXACTLY with field points as advertised?

What were the results on game?

Are they razor sharp out of the package?

Are they tough enough to break bone?

I used the Slicks this year and was very impressed, well constructed, razor sharp, great customer service, and they do fly just like a field point. Granted my bow is tuned well, the slicks shot great for me even with 2" straight fletched vains!!! My hunting arrows have the standard 4" vanes with a helicle, but out of curiousity I took some shots with my target arrows with the 2" vans and they flew great--I wouldn't recomend that for hunting, but it was nice to see a broadhead that is advertised to fly like a fieldpoint actually fly like a field point. I would venture to guess that most people on this site have never heard of these broadheads, but in the near future everyone will know about them.

Go to ArcheryTalk.com and do a search form them. Tons of info, all good. Gregory

I used these broadheads this year to take my Nevada bull. I have pictures of him posted here titles "Nevada Bull Success". I was quite happy with the performance of these broadheads. I was looking for a broadhead that would fly like my field points because I was having a heck of a time getting my other broadheads tuned in. The slick trick's fly for me almost as good as field points. I think I could have spent a little more time tuning my bow to get a little better performance but didn't have the time. They seemed to be razor sharp to me and busted two ribs on the way into the elk. I only got about 3/4 of my 28" arrow into the elk but I think that might be because of the steep angle he was quartering away at. I don't know for sure, I am new to archery and don't know what happened. Bottom line is I was happy with them and I will use them again. One thing I like about them is the way they are assembled. It seems to me they are less likely to break up with the front of the blades down in the point. Good luck.............

I used Slick Tricks for the first time this year on my speedgoat hunt. Never took a shot while huntin so I can't talk about penetration. But as far as flying like field points? I'd say yes, or at least MUCH closer than any other broadhead I've ever used.{and I've used several diff. brands}

I put them on and never adjusted anything on my bow. I was shooting broadheads with the most confidence I've ever had.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom