Snake Venom?

Utah400Elk

Very Active Member
I have a strange question and can't seem to find the answer. This last year in Wyoming I came very close to getting hit by 2 different rattle snakes in the same day. One actually hit the bottom of my boot. Long story short there are now 2 less snakes in Wyoming. I ended up using my bog pod tripod to pin the snakes down then shot them. In the process both snakes bit the rubber feet numerous times. I could see venom on the feet. Skip forward to today. I was looking at the bog pod and noticed several cactus spines in the feet. I was about to pull the spines and remembered the snake venom. Now to the question is dried snake venom still poisonous? What is the best way to wash/neutralize the venom?

Not 100% certain if its still poisonous but I sure as heck would treat as if it was. How to clean it? No idea other than warm soapy water perhaps.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Everytime I've ever even mentioned the word snake venom one of my best buddies from Wyoming always says, "Suck it out ya baby"!! Just sayin'

Snake venom is a toxin not a poison. Which means for it to do anything it has to enter your blood stream via bite, open wound, ect... You could eat/drink snake venom all day long with no effects as long as you don't have bleeding ulcers or the like. I'd pull the spines wash the sticks and my hands and go about my day.

It is harmless in your situation, at this point.

My question is, why would you waste bullets on a snake that you had pinned down? You could have simply stomped on it's head.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

I hate snakes! Stomping on the head never even came into my thought process. The bullet was quick, clean and easy. CNEDEER, you think your boy would want a snake skin with rattle still atached. Ony one small .38 caliber hole ( a bit bigger exit)?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom