Snowy Utah Opener

PETA

Been patiently waiting for the 2nd to roll around in Utah to run to the hills in hopes of still finding some deer that i watched in January. Hoping my the area hasn't been picked clean already. Looks like now more low elevation snow in the valleys Friday to blanket them. Feels like a punishment to be waiting to go legally! How many people will still go out in the snow trying to find something poking thru? Have been getting my fix in Nevada this early spring. Just to be out enjoying some walks saw a really nice dead head bull with his antlers stuck under a root. Poor guy what a way to go
6600img0329.jpg

I was talking with a friend of mine a few weeks ago and he's friends with one of the locally well known family of hunters and was bragging about how nice it's been since the state shut it down hasn't had any competition and been one of their best years in a long time. Hearing things like that is what frustrates me the most while I've been waiting to go hit the hills

I would like to think most people are honest and law abiding, so while I'm sure there's been a few antlers grabbed, I doubt 85% have been grabbed. But I could be wrong for sure.

I plan to get after it on the 1st. My 12 year old is really excited. But I am going into it expecting to see some boot tracks all over the mountain.

Hopefully UDWR has been patrolling things well and making their presences well known.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

5384820170329154320.jpg

The shed closure is working about this well. Coming out of a canyon cat hunting and seen this on a land owners truck. Everywhere I've been looking for lion sign has had boots tracks leaving the road all over. This thing has been a giant failure by the DNR.

I agree 100% with you WhiskeyDog, I think there's gonna be a few fist fights over sheds and possible stashes of sheds too. And tomorrow is gonna be a madhouse, you cant have this many hardcore psycho horn hunters all jacked up on Yeti in the hills at the same time.

Took a drive around this afternoon. Everything has nice blanket of snow. Guess I'll be sleeping in tomorrow

>
5384820170329154320.jpg

>
>The shed closure is working about
>this well. Coming out of
>a canyon cat hunting and
>seen this on a land
>owners truck. Everywhere I've been
>looking for lion sign has
>had boots tracks leaving the
>road all over. This thing
>has been a giant failure