Southern Mimbres access

stevie

Does anyone know if you can access the Southern end of the Mimbres range through the Berenda Ranch/Macho Canyon road or is that road blocked by landowners?

I hunted some private land in that area 25 years ago and was hoping to go for a hike up in the National Forest there this Spring.

It's been a few years back, but I hunted mule deer in that area. At the time a county-maintained road went up Berenda Creek (with a few unlocked gates) and then became forest road #888, which skirts some private land. I seem to remember that that road does dead-end at a locked private gate, but there is plenty of FS land right near the dead end. Can't say if its still the same-- that was back in 2010(?).

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom