Spring Bear

infinitecircles

A couple of years ago a neighbor of mine went to Alaska the week of memorial day on a bear hunt. They went out of Homer on a boat and would anchor off shore and glass for bears. Once they found one they would jump into a smaller boat and motor into shore to stalk the bear. When he killed his bear they loaded it into the small boat and took it back out to the big boat to skin and process it. The whole time they were on the water they were fishing for halibut and rock fish. So basically it was a bear hunting/salt water fishing combo trip. My neighbor has since moved and when I asked him who the trip was with he didn't know as his boss had taken him.

Does anyone here know who the outfitter may be or know of anyone who does hunts like this?

Thanks in advance.

You could try the following:

Homer Ocean Charters - (800) 426-6212
Silver Fox Charters - 1-800-478-8792
Alaska Coastal Marine - 907-262-4359
Deep Strike Sportfishing - 866-535-6094

You can Google the various web sites.

These seem to be the main bear charters. I have not used any of them personally, but have known friends that have used all, and they were satisfied.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Garion33

I've done this a few times with friends. Fun as hell. The last 3 day weekend we saw over 20 bears, killed 3 and boated a couple limits of 'buts.

A couple bears we killed.

5932p1010590.jpg

3197p1010614.jpg

1437p1010616.jpg

4681p1010625.jpg

I'd try Ninilchik Charters... http://www.ninilchik.com/adventures/alaska-bear-hunting/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom