Springtime

oldoregon

Very Active Member
While Ive been busy so muchd with bear-hunting, branding, breaking colts, and finishing school, I havent had a whole lot of time for any posting. So... I thought I would throw up some pictures of some of the stuff Ive been doing this spring.

A few weeks after spring break, some classmates and I took a roadtrip to Hart Mountain antelope refuge in south central oregon. Those of you who have hunted there, or at least been there, know how beatifull this country is. I have Never seen so many large antelope bucks in such a small area. It was great fun. We stayed in a relatives vacation house in plush (quite the busy place, as those of you who know will agree with)

here is a group of antelope along ways away.
HARTMOUNTAIN029.jpg

Hart mountain from our front porch. The sunrises over this peak were some of the most beautifull I have ever seen.
HARTMOUNTAIN041.jpg

"vulture tree"
HARTMOUNTAIN023.jpg

This is just an artsy picture of a few of my friends.
HARTMOUNTAIN047.jpg

View from the top, after hiking to scout for antelope, mule deer, and bighorn sheep.
HARTMOUNTAIN166.jpg

I also have quite a few pictures of arrowheads and atatl points we found (on private property of course), if anybody is interested in those, then let me know.

Boy I know what you mean about how busy it is in Plush.Wanted to take my wife there for our Honeymoon but all the hotels were booked months in advance.Traffic was so thick that we just drove on to a little place north of there named Portland.Eventhough the town is not so impressive we were able to find a room.We did stop at the store in Plush and bought sample packets of a new drink mix that just came out called TANG.Dont know how the packages could have gotten so dusty if they just got them in.
See the deer just to the right of dead center in your pictyer of the lake and was wondreing if it has antlers? Louie

BTW, sorry for the huge, blurry pictures, I need to start remebering to change the settings on my camera for small pictures, not large.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom