Stabilizer/No Stabilizer?

grizzly

Long Time Member
I bought a new Bowtech Insanity last year and found I could tell no difference in vibration or noise whether I used my stabilizer or not. I think the new bows are so good they may have made stabilizers obsolete for hunting situations.

I like the lighter weight and smaller profile for my backpack with the stabilizer removed.

Anybody else have experience or insight on removing their stabilizer?

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Sounds like you have a great quality bow. We found the same with our older Mathew's Switchback XT's really no stabilizer needed. We threw a 6" on just because...for looks :)

))))------->

I have a 10in and a v-bar with another 6in on my matrix. I think they are night and day with a little wind they help a ton for me at least.JMO

I think new bows are just so well built.

my new hoyt is so perfectly balanced. a stabilizer just throws me off.

so I got the lightest stabilizer I could find just so I would have a way to attach my wrist band holder.

A stabilizer is not used for vibration dapening. Its used for giving you the tightest hold on target and giving you the best "moi" moment of inertia. A bow with a high moi will reduce torque from the bow/shooter better than one with a low moi and give you more consistant tighter groups.

+1 swbuckmaster.

I used to have a small doinker on my bow, I am now shooting an 11 inch B stinger, mostly for stabilization on target not so much for vibration dampening.

Shoot some long arrows (60 yards plus) and it starts to make a world of differece. If all your shots are inside 30 yards, probably can go without.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom