Stepson's 2012 Alligator

LBWTX

This is my 17 year old stepson's 10 ft 4 inch alligator from this past season. He was really stoked. I had hunters in the two days before this. I got those guys tagged out and we went back in to pull these lines up until the next batch of hunters arrived. As I rounded the corner and saw the bait down and line tight, I knew pretty we had good gator on from the water boiling from him thrashing. It wasn't until I got him untangled and got him to the surface that I realized what I had. Low and behold I had two gators on the only two lines I had out over 9 foot! We are hunting some private ranches here in Southeast Texas. He made a good clean shot. This is was his first alligator. I have promised him an elk hunt if when he graduates high school this year.

13nickgator.jpg

Thanks guys. This really isnt an expensive hunt in Texas as some may think. Where the cost starts accumulating is when you start talking full body mounts and tanning costs. It gets me amped up to see guys that have never done it before take one. I had a 9 foot average this year with the 7 gators we took. I dont take on too many hunts, as I want all mine to be quality experiences and not run guys through like cattle. I had a buddy from New Mexico take and 11 ft 10 inch in 2010.

That is definitely one of the most unique trophies posted on this whole site all year!

Way too cool!

I may have to hit you up for a gator hunt next year. That wouldn't be too far of a drive for us!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom