Stolen Credit Card

JRABQ

Last week someone stole my credit card # that I used for my New Mexico and Nevada big game applications. After they racked up $4000 in 2 days the card was cancelled. Now there is only a few weeks before the drawings.

I hope there is some way I can get NM and NV to use a different credit card. But being from NM and knowing how clunky their system is I am REALLY worried.

Has anybody had something similar happen?

JR

YA, MY WIFES CARD WAS STOLEN. BUT THE THIEVES WERE CHARGING LESS ON THE CARD THAN MY WIFE WAS........SO I LET THEM KEEP THE CARD. (JUST KIDDIN) SORRY ABOUT YOUR CARD, HOPE YOUR DRAWS WORK OUT . YD.

You can go right to the NM website and change your credit card online now. Call the NV hunt application office ASAP.

Thanks Elmer,

Didn't realize NM let you do that, seems to work, what a relief. Maybe I can sleep tonight. I'm 0 for 10 in the draws so far, so NM is my best chance at a tag (I hope). I'll call NV tomorrow.

JR

my check never cleared from Wyoming... so I called... and me and my son are entered in drawing!
So I stopped payment and had to issue a bank check!
Still do not know what happend but if WY got it back as unpaid
I would have been pulled out and 5/30 is the drop dead day!
rackmaster

Sorry to hear that man;

I had the same thing happen last year...check book also. Sucks! I had C/C used in apps, checks in apps; in like 5 states. I took the time to call each of the F & G depts and they were very help (and sympathetic). They pretty much said that if I drew and payment didn't occur, they'd call/I was also able to give an alternate C/C number. Don't remember which state was which on the method..I believe it depended on which method they used for payments. Good luck....

Be sure to let the credit agencies know also.

If it was a Cabela's card at least maybe the crooks can rack you up some points.....sorry, could not resist.

Call the F&G I think they will help you out.