Swarovski STS: 65 vs 80mm & HD vs non-HD

vanderb79

Planning to purchase a Swarovski 20x60 STS spotting scope and wondering if there is a big difference in clarity between the 65 & 80mm and also between an HD scope and a non-HD scope. Any input would be welcome...thanks, Bill VW

It has been debated many many many times on MM so do a search. I have a non-HD 80mm and my dad has an HD 80mm. HD is great for taking pictures but in my opinion not worth it if you are not digiscoping. I would love to sell my 80mm and go down to the 65mm. The 80mm is just to big to pack around.

I've got a 65mm sts while buddy has 65mm HD sts...hard to tell the difference.

I want to trade my sts for an ats...

I own the 80 mm non high def. Be carefull if you live in the heat as i do you pick up way more heat thermals with the high def at long ranges you cant see your object.

I agree with those suggesting you consider the ATS. I would never to back to a STS.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-09 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]"you pick up way more heat thermals with the high def at long ranges"

Never heard of that before. Generally, HD is considered an enhancement of contrast and less chromic aberration.

i was told by a Swarovski rep that the human eye can not pick up the differece between the HD glass and the non-HD glass

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

I am able to see a difference, albeit a small one, which is why I dropped the extra coin. Is the HD worth it? Not sure, but every little bit of improvement helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom