T/C Shockwave bullets

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I shot T/C shockwave, I thought they were great???? 300 grain. I have taken 1 elk that went 30 yards, pass through so I have no good experiance with bullet performance BUT I would not really want my bullet to expand? For the same reason I shoot smaller broadheads at elk then at deer. I want penetration.

FYI I do not think mine are the bonded? They are older and it does not say bonded, on the label is: #8230 spire point.

Are these great for elk?

I took this off the old post to see what everyone thinks of this bullet since I do not think it is the shockwave bonded.

Don,

The older spire points are not bonded. The bonded shockwaves have "bonded" printed on the package, as you probably have seen. I have shot a bunch of deer with the 200 grain SW and love it. I noticed that upon penetration I got a lot of fragmentation of the jacket, which the bonded would probably cut down on...either way it's been very deadly and accurate for me.

I on the other hand want expansion. Usually...more expansion equals more internal damage. I'm very surprised the 300 grain just punched right through that elk with no expansion, sounds like the effects of it were perfect...I probably wouldn't change a thing.

Troy

I have shot four whitetails with 250 grain shock waves,but I recently changed to Speer Deep Curl 250 grain bullts in the shock wave sabot.I like the big hollow point on a bonded bullet.Should be great whitetail bullet.Probably will never hunt elk with this bullet as Colorado does not allow sabots in there muzzy season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom