tags for 2nd drawing now posted

Yep, thanks for the link!

I never understand why some folks don't claim their tags! Their loss I guess. Plenty of second round tags available for deer and elk, wonder if it's a sign of hunt quality?

theres a suprising amount of unit 11 elk and deer tags that were unclaimed which is unreal to me. although its not the same unit as it was in the 80s and 90s its still got monsters of both species, with the semi consistent rain this year i have noticed that the antler growth is substantially better than last year. i drew a mule deer tag and ive been seein some dandys

ok I have looked through the archives and cant find it so I guess this is the best place to post it: does anyone know if I can put in for the second chance deer if I drew in 2011? I know I cant in the regular draw. however, I was wondering if we can draw in the 2nd chance drawing?

they post by the 20th and you have until the 25th to pick up your tag if drawn. After the 25th all remaining tags go up for sale on a first come basis.

I believe in the 2nd draw once you draw the tag there is no time frame to pick it up. The tags that werent drawn then go on sale the 25th on first come first serve basis. This is the way its been in the past but they could of changed it.

I agree with HayZeus. I drew a 32 late cow tag in second draw, since I had buck tag in that unit. I saw a big bull where I usually hunt, scounting for my son. I checked to see if I could refuse my cow tag, NO DICE. So, while odd's are low, you can't refuse these tags and go OTC unless you buy a second NR tag at higher price.

I got a very yummy yearling cow anyway which tasted much better than a nasty old 300" bull.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom