Tags?

whtelk

Getting closer to the deadline...what tags are you expecting to draw? I have 10 points for deer...undecided....0 for elk...Trask...Bighorn...E. John day

chesnim for elk 0 points, drew it last year with 0 points.
west biggs for deer,we know a guy with a few hundred acres of wheat stubble on the breaks of the desc, river. We have hunted the ukiah unit for 30 years but it isn't worth the trip anymore, pretty sad.

elk 7 point- dont plan on drawing anything, deer 8 points-hopefully whitehourse muzzy or beuhla[sp??] late archery antelope 8 points-drawing nothing, 600 deer 5 points- drawing nothing sheep- any of the rocky sheep tags. goats- a random guess betweeen the 3.
so hopefully i will just have a late buck hunt and my regular archery elk hunt!

nascar, where roughly in West Biggs? That's where I deer hunt as well. I have hunted a small property down towards the mouth on the east side some in the past(Fred's place), but now mostly stick up in the canyon on the BLM land. The wheat is easy, but I like chasing them in the steep stuff anymore.

Deer-6 pts- Late whitehorse archery
Elk- 2 pts-Wenaha
Bighorn-upper owyhee
Antelope-5 pts-Whitehorse

I already have the deer tag from an outfitter. Hoping for some weather on that one, still will be a kick.

Long shot on the sheep, say about 1 in 418 odds.

Elk and Antelope just waiting.

Buck-0pts N.Warner
Elk-6pts Mt. Emily Rifle
Antelope-11pts Warner
Goat- Elkhorn
Doe-5pts Point Saver
Only chance I have is antelope and it is a small one. Good luck to everyone!

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

elkocd, I think it is about 7-9 miles up canyon. We are above one of the roads that cross the river, It is called clone road. Not sure on spelling. We hunted this about 5 years ago and I took a old 4 point with curled up hooves, i have seen that on horses not taken care of but not on a deer, and my dad took a 3 point. I'm not use to hunting that open country like that usually in the timber in the ukiah unit. But it was fun for a change.

Muzz. Antelope NR 9pts hoping to draw.
Rifle Elk. NR 12pts Mt. Emily (probably not)
Rifle Deer NR 2pts probably not.
Rifle Sheep NR No Chance.

Good luck to everyone else.

Slide

Elk 13 points-wenaha
deer 7 points-Point saver
antelope-14 points-hart MT
anterless-5 point saver
goat-elkhorn

"Pain is fear leaving your body"

Hmm lets see here

Deer- west mt emily 0 points
600 series- west blues Lop tag 4 points
Elk- Mt emily bull, 2nd choice minam 2nd season 2 points
antelope- east beatys muzzy 4 points
goat-hat point
sheep-bear creek
In regards to the lop tag for west blues I know a guy who gets his every year. How can this be when it take a normal guy 5 years I can't quite figure that one out. So I got on a friends lop list so maybe I will get a tag every year now.

Back
Top Bottom