Taking Father on first western hunt

SpikeCamp

Seeking any information or insight on taking my father on his first western hunt (rifle). He has four points for deer and 4 for elk. He won't be able to do the high country rock climbing type stuff but looking to see him have an enjoyable trip with opportunity. I am an experienced western hunter that would like to do it DIY or a possible drop camp.

Thanks for any information, truly appreciated.

Decide if his priority is the bull, the buck, or some of each, which is probably the trickiest of the 3.

For elk I would consider unit 62 1st rifle. The terrain is mild compared to many other units. They give out a good number of tags but still enough opportunity to get away from other hunters. Check the oak and pinon trasition zones the first couple of days. By Monday a lot of hunters will have left and the better bulls will be in the pinons. Good luck!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom