Tattoos...who has them?

feddoc

Long Time Member
A bazillion years in the Navy, and I don't have a tattoo. It just hasn't drawn enough interest for me to get one. Neither did smoking pot. If I did get a tattoo, it would probably be elk related.

This one reminds me of the R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket.

irPhWNV.jpg

All of my tattoos are homemade type. Mostly with knives, drill bits, saws and screw drivers. However, my proudest one I made by falling over with a rotten old culvert, walking down a burrow pit in the middle of the night. And no, I’m not suicidal, at least not intentionally.

image.jpg

Two small ones from my Navy days. Both alcohol induced, but smart enough to get them high up on my shoulders where they don't show, with short sleeve shirts! All three of my kids have discreet ones, under clothing.

All of my tattoos are homemade type. Mostly with knives, drill bits, saws and screw drivers. However, my proudest one I made by falling over with a rotten old culvert, walking down a burrow pit in the middle of the night. And no, I’m not suicidal, at least not intentionally.

View attachment 74663
I have several like those, as well. No real tats, though. But my bride has one -- a butterfly on her butt where it is visible just south of the lower side of her bikini. She decided to get it in 1977 when we lived in Colorado & made a weekend trip to Santa Fe & the balloon fiesta. We were going on a Windjammer cruise in the Bahamas a few months later.

I did wear a small gold hoop or diamond stud earring for many years, however. It was the result of a conversation over a Thanksgiving dinner in the 1980s.

I can't recall what prompted a remark from my daughter, but I think I said in jest something like, "I might get my ear pierced for an earring." She then said to me, "You'd never wear an earring, dad."

I took that as a challenge. My reply was, "Watch me."

Two days later, I went for the piercing and wore the earring for more than 20 years until a hospital stay several years ago. The hole is now closed. Earring is visible in this photo...

Bogabass.jpg

Last edited:
i have a bunch. two sleeves, not quite full. full rib cage on my left, across my shoulders chest and back piece and my left leg from the knee down. most of them when i was young, no regrets. i always say don't get a tattoo that means anything, get stuff you think is cool. there supposed to be fun. its been since 2008 that i've been tattoo'd and a lot has changed in the machines. took my 18 year old daughter to get one a few weeks ago and starting to get the bug again. ive got a big chest piece id like to get done.

honestly the only reservation i have about going under the needle again is im a pretty hairy guy. getting the tattoo is nothing. hair growing back on your chest for 3 weeks is hell

They make good gifts. For Christmas one year, I got my dad a gift certificate for a face tattoo. It had to be on his face. I told him he could get whatever he wants and could even get it on his neck. He never used it. I understood. I don’t have any either.

Some tattoos look good. It’s important to have the body to go with them. If you’re a fatty, it sort of makes them look less nice. I saw one on a lady that was unforgettable. She was real pretty with a killer body and the best skin complexion I have ever seen. She had a tattoo that ran up and around one arm and the rest of her body was clear of any more tattoos and full of immaculate skin. I told her it was the best I’ve ever seen.

Seems like a waste of money TO ME. I'd be thinking the whole time about all the hunting trips, guns, primers, bullets and powder I could be buying. (if I had all the money in the world, I still wouldn't get any ink)

But hey, if a guy really likes them to adorn his body, that's up to him.

Zeke

Tattoo's only look good if the canvas they are drawn on looks good. A hot chick with a sleeve is still hot. A fatty with a sleeve is still a fatty. So that's my take, I don't have any but I'm from the older generation.

I design one once gave the tattoo artist a down payment to draw it, it was elaborate, went back the next weekend to get it parked out front, never got out of the truck and drove away. Smartest thing i even done hahaha. Most folks under 35-40 have them so pretty normal now-a-days

i was probably predisposed to be tattoo'd. my dad's covered in them. most of the ones i remember from childhood he got in the service during Vietnam. he actually has 3 sailor Jerry's. if recall correctly a combination from when he was in new York and Hawaii. i'm guessing that's kinda rare. any time i mention dads Jerry tat's around tattoo folk there pretty impressed. not many around any more from when that guy was working.

Long time ago a taper we worked with had an old lady that wore short shorts to work.

Top of her thigh was a cheek and ear of a tiger. Other thigh had the same.

Never saw the rest of the tiger face, but I won't lie, at 19, I was dang curious. But, that's when drywallers we're generally ex felons and real bad dudes. I wasn't suicidal?

(Yes, unlike today where drywallers are clean cut professionals?)

In my younger days, I thought about getting a tattoo. With my dark complexion, though, I didn't think it would look very good, especially when I got an even darker tan during the summer months.

No and never. My dermatologist thanks me!

a bigger nose doesn't mean you can't wear a mask..after all I wear underwear

I have none.....My dad was on the USS Lexington in the late 50's and they were in port in Hong Kong and one of his buddy's got a fly tattooed on the head of his peter.....back on ship it got infected and swollen and nasty........he always told that story. Scared me out of ever wanting one....

No tats, no rings, no jewelry.

Why would you get a tat that you were proud to cover up?

My dad was a Sgt. in the Marine Corps. a gunner on a Huey in Vietnam, he didn’t have any tattoos. Maybe that’s where I got it from.

Long time ago a taper we worked with had an old lady that wore short shorts to work.

Top of her thigh was a cheek and ear of a tiger. Other thigh had the same.

Never saw the rest of the tiger face, but I won't lie, at 19, I was dang curious. But, that's when drywallers we're generally ex felons and real bad dudes. I wasn't suicidal?

(Yes, unlike today where drywallers are clean cut professionals?)
It’s the Eye of the Tiger, the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of the rival!

I thought about getting one on my privates that would say Shorty. Then at the end have Shorty’s Truck Stop and all night diner, Chattanooga, Tennessee

I've got one on my right bicep...A hawk perched on a limb with HAWK written in Old English Style Lettering under it..almost 50 years old now and pretty much looks like a green blob...

I didn’t pay that much attention to it when I posted but it looks like a C-2 through T-2 but still He’ll No! That doesn’t come off!
Although I did tell Weiner we need to get a Jack Sparrow tattoo on our right hand between our forefinger and thumb but using our names in the banner on top

Last edited:
A worker of mine had his dog tags on his right side and the chain looked to run through his side! You know how those Marines are!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom